Need a UPS for around 1KW worth of stuff

Soldato
Ideally I would like one which has sine wave output as I'm also planning to power some networking stuff also such as switches, routers, etc. along with 3 computers.

I've looked at the APC smart-ups and it seems like it will fit the bill but does anyone have any other recommendations?

A rack unit would be better also.

:)

Permabanned
Dell 3700 or 4200, both of which are re-branded Eaton units IIRC.

I just recently paid £1500 for a 4200, Network management card and EBM. Current load at this moment in time is 1kW with an estimated remaining time of 1h49m.

The 4200 alone was under £1k, and should provide at least 40 mins at 1kW, which is cracking value IMO.

It may seem like overkill, but it wasn't a lot more expensive than stuff with a much lower capacity, and offers a lot of head room for expansion.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, the 3700 does look like a good unit if a little overkill, but if they can be had for less than £1k then I'll add it to the short list.

I couldn't see any prices on the dell site however, as I think their 1920w unit may be ok, so I'd like to compare prices as I think it is better than the APC 2200VA unit I was looking at.

I'm not really needing a long runtime, 10 minutes is ok, someone is on site 24/7 and power cuts are usually caused by the Mcb's tripping in the distribution box so were never normally without power for more than 5 mins max. :)

Associate
We use Riello for our office servers (& all our electrical installs where battery backup is required; server rooms, generator handover, hazardous area emergency lighting, etc)

Take a look at the Dialog Vison its both a free-standing tower or rack mount unit.

We run a Dell T310, a Vostro C2D, 2 gigabit 16 port switches & a draytek router off of our 1500VA with over 1 hour autonomy and it cost us way less than £400

The build quality is great and the free monitoring software is much more user friendly than the APC I've used in the past (Though admittedly I haven't use it in a few years)

Associate
We use Riello for our office servers (& all our electrical installs where battery backup is required; server rooms, generator handover, hazardous area emergency lighting, etc)

It has taken me 3 phone calls and 2 emails to get a battery replacement quote from RIELLO this week. You'd think they'd be more interested when you're about to spend ~£6k with on their services :confused:

Back
Top Bottom