OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Was going thru old pics from say about a year ago, came across a side delt pic so took another 1 just for reference in roughly same sort of pose just to say comparisons, and here the result, I think it's pretty decent. Sometimes I think I haven't made much progress cause of all the in and out of hospital stuff and illness etc but positive change is always good. (Makes it even better that the before shot was "Pumped" and the after shot wasn't at the gym that day lol.)

9izqy9.jpg

35kuc0j.jpg

Associate
Woah DS. You won't remember me but I used to frequent this board about 2-3 years ago, right around the time you started. I remember your pics - you were tiny. Then I gave myself a bulging disc (careful deadlifting, everyone!) so had to retire because the sciatica was too bad, and thus stopped coming in here. But just popping in now and you are huge! You should be so proud of that, you've come a long way.

Man of Honour
Shoulders looking boulder-ey!

Blurry you mean? :p

Seriously though, coming along nicely matey considering what you have done :)

Tom_e - looking epic!! :cool:

Cheers guys, I'm quite surprised with how big my shoulders seem to be considering the amount of problems I've had with them although fingers crossed it's been well over a year since any real issues and I put this down to keeping consistent in the gym to build up the strength.
It also means I've avoided the massive downtime for recovery that they told me I'd need had I gone for the surgery.
I'm coming for you FF ;) (take your mind out of the gutter the lot of you!)

Man of Honour
OP
Well when you hit your 30s you start to lose muscle mass and gain fat! So it's now a battle to keep lean! Can't get big again though, it's too much, and I quite enjoy being leaner.

I WILL get stronger though - this year I hope to get my DLs back up to significant levels.

Caporegime
Well when you hit your 30s you start to lose muscle mass and gain fat! So it's now a battle to keep lean! Can't get big again though, it's too much, and I quite enjoy being leaner.

I WILL get stronger though - this year I hope to get my DLs back up to significant levels.

Leans the way forward to be honest. It's what I'm aiming for soon

Caporegime
I'd be happy to be around 95kg and lean. Currently around 92kg, and want to drop another 2-3% but also gain another 6lbs or so. We shall see! I've got all year :cool:

Indeed.

I'd like to drop BF personally, and build up form there. I'm not a fan of bulking and cutting, and don't see the practical side of it for an average joe like myself.

I need to look at my diet and macros again and go over it to try and lower BF but keep strength up (what strength I have anyway :p) Would you be able to advise at all if I email you or something?

Man of Honour
OP
Of course :)

In this last month my physique has already started to improve since my commitment to the gym has increased.

I've been told I have muscle in places I didn't have them before! LOL! :D

Caporegime
Of course :)

In this last month my physique has already started to improve since my commitment to the gym has increased.

I've been told I have muscle in places I didn't have them before! LOL! :D

:eek::eek::eek:

Cool, I'm going to look over a few things again, work out the macros a bit more first. Then see whats the best to drop BF for me, sick of this belly thats appeared

Soldato
I'd be happy to be around 95kg and lean. Currently around 92kg, and want to drop another 2-3% but also gain another 6lbs or so. We shall see! I've got all year :cool:

Is such a thing even possible? At 6'0" (?) you can't be far off your natural limit 92kg@ what 12% now? To gain 6lbs in a year when you've been training for 5+ seems redonkulous.

Associate

I know everyone is self critical, but you talk as if you are skinny. I was around 94kg at the gym meet and you were obviously lighter than me and had significantly more mass. I don't think I could ever get your sort of physique.

A friend at work started weight lifting at 40 and 7 years on he looks better than he ever has. I see a lot of older guys with bodies I would aspire to. When you know your body and know what your doing I don't think you will have any problems.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks guys - I really wasn't looking for praise! :o I really appreciate it though. :)

Chris, I'm around 16% - I carry some fat on my back whilst I have very visible abs and serratus and some muscle striations, and although my legs are uber lean (low estrogen yay! :D) I still have more BF than people think. I'm also not very vascular - sure, I get the big cephalic vein popping out whilst working out... however I'm quite olive skinned so veins don't show up as much on me anyway. I'm just under 6'1".

I am close to a natural limit, but I still have more achieveable. I am quite "in tune" with my body, so I can achieve more, I can get leaner, and can add a little bit of mass. The 6lbs wasn't meant to be in a year. I meant I have this year to improve.

It's a continuous improvement cycle for me - I will keep doing this for the rest of my life. It makes me feel so good. I like being strong.

My goals are to get back to my 600kg lifts, or at least get close with ease. Keep my fitness up, and just be strong and powerful. I don't much care about being huge any more, I know I can protect myself, my power:weight is good, and I can pull my bodyweight in pretty much any form of exercise with ease for reps (i.e. chins, dips etc...)

That's more important to me than being lean etc... however, the problem with being as big as I was, is the amount of food, and the lifestyle is just too complicated.

My priorities are still to keep this up though. So don't worry! :D

Back
Top Bottom