Firefox 10 Released

Soldato
Fail.

I came in expecting a discussion about earth/water/firefox. :p

The Storage Drives forum is that way --->

Associate
Well this update has dropped a rather huge clanger since everything worked well yesterday, but it locked up after about 5 minutes only to find it was using around 1GB or so of RAM and only killing the firefox.exe process worked in shutting down the program.

So it looks like I'll be changing my primary browser to chrome soon (if this keeps on going the way it is).

Soldato
Does FF now allow wrapping of bookmark favicons *NATIVELY* in the bookmarks toolbar? Like in Opera? Or do you have to get an addon to do this.

This is a personal thing but I found it irritating (in earlier versions of FF) that once favicons occupied the visible bookmarks toolbar a little arrow appeared at the right edge of the screen that u had to press in order to see the other favicons.

Caporegime
Notsureifserious.jpg

:p

These "too many changes" are not just for the sake of it, they are there to improve performance, security, features etc.

Plus the performance jump from 3 to 10 is massive!

As for addons, what addons would you be loosing? All addons should be compatible now with FF 10 (unless they're not very popular ones that never get updated) and if not just use this method that mrk posted many times before:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20508066&postcount=38

And if that doesn't work, I am sure that there would be alternatives, perhaps even better ones out there somewhere.

Anyway, waterfox 10 seems pretty damn good so far, feels even snappier and quicker overall than the previous version! :D Memory usage is around 400MB (been opened for about 30 min), that's with 5 tabs opened, 8 addons and 4 user styles installed.

Back
Top Bottom