advice on RMA

Associate
Hi Guys, a bit of advice please.

I bought a custom build PC from another company in Feb 2011, and since then I have had to RMA it 3 times for various reasons the last of which was them not fitting the graphics card properly so it snapped off in transit!

The card was an Asus 6950 2GB OC and they have replaced it with a similar spec MSI Twin FROZR 2. I'm not particulalry happy about that as they did it without consulting me first.

The last time the PC was out of comission for about a month. Now I'm getting BSOD, the crash dump says it's an unrecoverable hardware error. Error report below:

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80067BB028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I mainly get this after playing Skyrim for a while, or when I am running multiple browsers, videos.

I have started running tests and I'm running Prime95 and that's when the crash happens, after about 1-2 minutes. So I'm guessing a CPU issue.
It's an OC i5-2500K running at 4.3GHz.
Never had an issue with the CPU before, and according to them they guarantee a stable overclock.

So, what are my options?
Can I get them to replace the graphics card to my Asus one? I specifically picked that one out at the time.

4 RMA in one year - do I have any rights here? I'm concerned as their 1 year warranty runs out this month and after that I am liable for costs.

Thanks in advance.

Permabanned
prime 95 uses ram aswell and it looks like a ram issue

try running memtest and see what happwns, toy could also try checking the ram is at the correct volts/timings

what i s the full system spec

Associate
OP
prime 95 uses ram aswell and it looks like a ram issue

try running memtest and see what happwns, toy could also try checking the ram is at the correct volts/timings

what i s the full system spec

I have ran memtest and it passed.
I have 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, CAS 9-9-9-24 (don't really know what that means).

My spec is:

Asus P8P67 Mobo
I5-2500K OC to 4.3Ghz
4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
600W PSU
MSI Twin Frozr 2GB OC

Back
Top Bottom