Have you ever destroyed any hardware/software purposefully through RAGE!

Permabanned
I threw an Amiga 500 and GVP Impact II Hardrive 52mb(best you could get back then) out of the window once from my bedroom in 1992 cause it locked up after landing the F117A stealth fighter(Microprose) after a long mission on the hardest difficulty which took me ages.

If that wasnt bad enough i ran down the stairs,grabbed a hammer from the cupboard under the stairs,ran out into the garden and pummelled the poor Amiga and hardrive with the hammer until it broke into millions of pieces.

My parents wasnt happy and neither was i...lesson learned.

I went and bought an Amiga 1200 after that from my lifes savings at 17 years old cause of the release of Frontier Elite II.

Caporegime
I have a Logitech keyboard somewhere with a few keys missing after 1 decided to stop working i went to work on it with a screwdriver.

My old laptop's power connector started to get loose 6 months after i previously fixed it and I was so peeved i went to work on it with another screwdriver.

Thats about it, i wouldn't break anything working properly.

Permabanned
Not really but I forced a CPU into a wrong socket type once. Snapped a bunch of pins so I took it outsite and finished the job with my mighty steel toe caps.

Also screwed my mb directly onto my case. Smoked up my PSU pretty good. This I did when I was like 12.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried to play quake 2, and other games via Gamespy, 7 out of 10 times my modem would disconnect as the game launched, I blamed my ISP vehemently. The reason why I was so upset was, I was given a sneak peak of how great multi player games are. Then after much research, I realised software modems were the most. This was before searching google was your first port of call, I had to deduce what was causing the issue by studying cpu and memory spikes.

This was I first started building my own PCs went for the best that money could buy, nobody told me a software modem could prohibit you so much

Soldato
If it counts...

When I was about 6 I played cricket with my older brothers and their mates. My team fielded first. They never let me bowl (why would they? I was 6!). I stood for one hour fielding in a place where the ball never came. Anyway when it was my team's turn to bat I was the last to bat. After nearly two hours of wait, it was my turn. The guy who bowled at me (and was a lot older!) took no prisoners, and didn't care that I was 6, and bowled me out.

I flipped, and threw the bat. It broke in two pieces. :p

Soldato
I threw an Amiga 500 and GVP Impact II Hardrive 52mb(best you could get back then) out of the window once from my bedroom in 1992 cause it locked up after landing the F117A stealth fighter(Microprose) after a long mission on the hardest difficulty which took me ages.

If that wasnt bad enough i ran down the stairs,grabbed a hammer from the cupboard under the stairs,ran out into the garden and pummelled the poor Amiga and hardrive with the hammer until it broke into millions of pieces.

My parents wasnt happy and neither was i...lesson learned.

I went and bought an Amiga 1200 after that from my lifes savings at 17 years old cause of the release of Frontier Elite II.

Dude, it was only a game....anger management issues :eek:

Associate
Yeah. Used to play Brian Lara's Cricket on the Amiga with my cousin and there was a bug whereby player 2, when bowling could make the batsmen run by pressing button 2.

Needless to say, when I was 3 for 7 with all 7 being run out I lost the plot and my controller went into the wall, just before my cousin sheepishly revealed that he'd been causing the run-outs all along.

Back
Top Bottom