*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The Beta is excellent! Very polished in typical Blizzard style. I can't wait for release now.
Barbarian will be my class of choice for sure, although I can see Demon Hunter being very popular. Surprisingly the Witch Doctor is allot of fun!

To be honest I don't know why they don't just make it available to the masses and call it a Demo? That’s essentially what it is, surely?

Soldato
Just a little news (sorry not of the release date type :p)

Diablo III has recently been presented with a Cinematics award for 'Outstanding Visual Effects in an Animated Commercial or Video Game Trailer’

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/369..._Award_for_“Black_Soulstone”_-13_02_2012#blog

Looks absolutely fantastic, I hadn't seen that trailer as yet and glad they are already getting some recognition for the game, I just hope that the game lives up to all the hype :)

Just watched that cinematic, holy cow it's good! :eek: very very impressed with it. I guess Blizzard just have a knack of creating great FMV's.

Soldato
People come up with all sorts of reasons why they should have it over others.
reddit had a competition and in it's prime the irc channel was just disgusting, when people didn't win they'd spam the chat, swear, curse at the the competition holders.

That was just partial to how it actually was, people need to just understand that random is random.

Every night I went to bed at around 2am but last night decided to stay up a little extra, I gave up trying for a key, so went to watch a film instead of sleep and just as I put it on, I kid you not, beep beep PM in irc! I won a key! :D
But never did I think and never do I think in competition that I should some how have some sort of advantage or increased chance over others.

Entitlement, however thinly veiled behind whatever reason is just, a plague around the internet.

Soldato
Only just started to get excited about this game. Me and the missus used to play it co-op years ago :)

Have they basically done a Starcraft II and not messed too much with what made the original so damn good? And it looks like the system requirements aren't all that steep, correct? I'll need to build a second PC and will have limited funds :)

Associate
I really can't believe theyre making this so the drops that you see are only on your screen :( I used to love the competition in grabbing on bosses etc.

Associate
I really can't believe theyre making this so the drops that you see are only on your screen :( I used to love the competition in grabbing on bosses etc.

One of the better changes imo. Means you can play with random's without the risk of getting someone who ninja's anything that drops.

Soldato

Competition? most diablo 2 games had boss drops decided by who had the fastest auto-loot bot, or in the rare cases where you join a game without people using auto-loot stuff then its whoever can spam click the fastest.

Associate
Ye auto loot was annoying, but when your running with a non bot group an you see a high rune or unique drop, your heart used to race and u wanted it. Such a buzz seeing something good drop because of the fear of possibly not getting it. The new system is like torchlight, only you can see your drops I don't IMO think itl be as exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom