GAME lose another supplier

Associate
Never liked game as the prices are stupid, e.g on net I bought saints row 3 for 17.99 yet in game it was 39.99, what a margin. Then another time gamestation had a game for 19.99 and game round the corner selling it for 39.99.

They suck, end of story. So no tears from me if they go down the toilet. Gamestation are a bit better but gotta agree the website is god awful for navigation. I've not bought a game from game since about 3 years ago, everything is from supermarket or internet for me. Much better prices.

As a side note HMV surprised they are still even going, with music cds in decline all the time due to music downloads and most songs on itunes etc these days, ontop of that when they sell dvd's for around £15 a pop and blu rays for £22 a pop when on the net you can get so much cheaper or even supermarkets etc, im so surprised they haven't bit the dust yet. Again couldn't care if they perished either.

Associate
They charge way to much for games, and rip you off on the old trade in's =/ a pristine condition Forza Motorsport 4 trading in for £15, That is total crap if you ask me, I feel for the employee's but the company has been trailing behind for along time, Its all about the on-line sales.

Soldato
didn't realise this was common knowledge.... Wonder if their staff know what's going down as they always seem upbeat lol.

IMAG0438.jpg

Soldato
Their business practices just haven't moved on, they used to get away with ripping people off charging £39.99 for new games and selling the same one used for £37.99 after giving the person trading it in 5p for it as a lot of people didn't know better, more people are online savvy now and not so gullible.

Even if they rely on pre owned they don't do that anything like as well as CEX, Amazon or HMV. You can go on their websites (or use the phone app with HMV) put in your product and find out how much money you'll get for it straight away.

Whereas with game you still have to traipse down the shop and find out they will give you nowt for them!

Soldato
Their business practices just haven't moved on, they used to get away with ripping people off charging £39.99 for new games and selling the same one used for £37.99 after giving the person trading it in 5p for it as a lot of people didn't know better, more people are online savvy now and not so gullible.

Even if they rely on pre owned they don't do that anything like as well as CEX, Amazon or HMV. You can go on their websites (or use the phone app with HMV) put in your product and find out how much money you'll get for it straight away.

Whereas with game you still have to traipse down the shop and find out they will give you nowt for them!

So true.

I posted a picture of a second hand copy of cod mw on sale for near enough the same price as a new copy. They're ridiculous.

Soldato
Well I used my £5 voucher from gameplay to get 2100 msp and use up my reward points on Gamestation. I trawled the website for an hour and there wasnt anything else worth spending the money on. Everything seems jacked up and randomly priced.

If Game last half the year I'd be surprised. Whos going to place pre-orders with them with all the bad press surrounding Mass Effect 3 etc. Even if they can supply other pre-orders Im pretty sure most savvy gamers have lost confidence in them by now.

Soldato

LOL

Associate
I read some analysts expect them to return to profit in the longer term. £8m loss is probably fairly easy to swallow, as long as they can sell overseas business. Tempted to speculate and buy some shares at 5p each and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom