Libyan NTC Islamists Destroying British and Commonwealth War Cemetery Benghazi

Permabanned
Seriously what difference does it make? they are all ready dead...

Stop being so sensitive

You could say the same about some dipictions of Muhammed......what difference does it make? He has been dead for centuries........

Or burning a book. What difference do the contents make....stop being so sensitive.

:p

Soldato
You could say the same about some dipictions of Muhammed......what difference does it make? He has been dead for centuries........

Or burning a book. What difference do the contents make....stop being so sensitive.

:p

No problem with it, people are free to do what they want.

Like i said they are only graves, and 100yr old ones at that. They not going to be able to tell whats going on are they.

edit: bet most people didnt even know there were british graves in libya.

Permabanned

Like i said they are only graves, and 100yr old ones at that. They not going to be able to tell whats going on are they.

It would seem that most people disagree with you, including most Libyans including many ofthe Islamist groups who have also condemned the actions of a few.

Grave desecration is not acceptable regardless of your personal connection to it. I find it strange that you think it is fine simply because they are dead......I think it is about respect and common decency with regard to the deceased, I don't think it particularly matters that the Graves date back to the two World Wars or that many of the people associated with them are now dead themselves.

Last edited:
Soldato
It would seem that most people disagree with you, including most Libyans including many ofthe Islamist groups who have also condemned the actions of a few.

Grave desecration is not acceptable regardless of your personal connection to it. I find it strange that you think it is fine simply because they are dead......

Of coarse its not a good thing to do, but im sure the Libyan's responsible had their reasons. Maybe they were the people Britain helped rendition for torture and wanted some sort of payback however pathetic it was.

Anyhow its hardly something to get worked up about is it.

Soldato
Guys you forget there was Muslim soldiers who died for this country and their tomb stones are there. Its a shame what has happened but those look like a bunch of teenagers\young men to me. What they done was unislamic and Islam does NOT permit such things even in response to burning of the Qu'ran. There will always be nutters around in every country, so chill guys.

Caporegime
This should be a sharp wake up call for any of you drones who bought the mass media's portayal of the Libyan rebels and freedom-loving heroes. In reality, it was largely run by Al Qaida and Islamists with tribal elements (the same as it was/is in Egypt and Syria).

You only have to peruse the Libya threads here to see how many people swallowed the media trash without questioning it.

WAKE UP.

The arab uprisings involved huge numbers of the populations of the countries involved while they were supported by both the west and by islamist group such as al qaeda they weren't 'largely run' by any group in particular and to suggest that they were run by 'islamists' is to suggest that a huge portion of those countries are 'islamists' which is frantically ridiculess. They might be Muslim and have different values on average to people in the west but they're not largely al quaeda fanatics either.

Associate
Of coarse its not a good thing to do, but im sure the Libyan's responsible had their reasons. Maybe they were the people Britain helped rendition for torture and wanted some sort of payback however pathetic it was.

Anyhow its hardly something to get worked up about is it.

crater, I just wanted to tell you that you really should learn what a grave is and why people cannot go around smashing them up regardless of the reason.

I'm sure many people here pass grave yards all the time and having reflected for a moment while passing one you feel a great deal of sadness for the attachment of those graves to individual families that you have zero connect with, you know what those feelings are? respect and compassion.

Soldato
Here is the true face of the people NATO helped desecrating and destroying head stones in the commonwealth war cemetery in Benghazi Libya these people are just savages ,excuse we burnt Korans in afghanistan .
http://www.********.com/view?i=54c_1330621949

If I found a video of some chavs ****ing on gravestones, it would be fair to attribute their actions as the true face of the British people?

No? That would be unfair wouldn't it...?

Associate

100yr old graves? You sure? Most, if not all the graves are from WW2 where brave troops from all over the British empire fought so people in the middle east, Europe and everywhere else in the world did not have to live under Fascist rule...

I'm pretty certain everybody knew there was graves in Libya, considering it was the African campaign that led to Hitlers downfall and the end of the war..

You are incredible heartless, what would you do if some thugs smashed one of your family members grave? Would you be fine with that because they're dead now so not able to know what is happening to their grave? I'm fairly sure you and your family would be angry about it, so why should we not be annoyed that soldiers of the British empire, who fought to stop fascism, had their graves smashed..

Utterly ridiculous..

Soldato

Crass beyond belief! I'm sure your hypocrisy would become apparent if the local necrophiliac took a liking to your deceased wife/mother/sister.

"Hey, what does it matter? She's dead already right?" wouldn't be the words coming from your mouth then. Absolute hypocrisy of the highest order.

You are constantly a defender of anyone who takes an anti-British view. I wonder who your loyalties are with... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom