OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS May 12th-13th

Soldato
Those worrying about their skill level.

I went to the Cannock meet last year and had only been riding a couple of months so was a total noob.

Just made sure I was somewhere near the back for the fun sections where people spread out a bit, but with plenty of stops we didn't get split up at all and fitness wasn't a problem. I managed the red routes OK just on a short travel hard tail.

Make sure you have a camelbak in case its hot and some tools/spares though.

Associate
Was up at Glentress last monday, it's not far from me really so not an issue.... Was great though but tested the fitness greatly lol. Freeride section was awesome though.

Don't think will be able to make it though as working fri/sat and sunday have a show all day. :(

Soldato
I have booked 2 Wigwams for us. For those who are not making their own arrangements please email me username at hotmail dot com. And I will give you my details for payment.

Ichabod can update the 1st post to reflect payment.

Cheers

Man of Honour
OP
As above please contact Weescott to secure your place within the wigwams. We have two booked so 10 spaces including one for myself and Weescott + 2!

If you are arranging your own accommodation please advise so we can update the list.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just checked and it appears there are no wigwams left to book for saturday night. I knew I should have booked sooner.

How much is it per person for the 2 nights if 5 people are sharing one of the ones you've already booked? Still waiting for my mate to confirm.

Soldato
I don't really know what's happening - I can pay tomorrow, but I can't say I'm a definite until robj20 does, since he is the person I would be getting a lift with. :(

Man of Honour
OP
Just checked and it appears there are no wigwams left to book for saturday night. I knew I should have booked sooner.

How much is it per person for the 2 nights if 5 people are sharing one of the ones you've already booked? Still waiting for my mate to confirm.

It is £33.60 per person for the two nights, there are also tent plots at the site so people can always camp.

Soldato
I don't really know what's happening - I can pay tomorrow, but I can't say I'm a definite until robj20 does, since he is the person I would be getting a lift with. :(

I wont be able to decide till much closer till the time, if i go i can camp that doesnt bother me do it all the time. But work might get in the way with my times.

Associate
Also random guy; you don't need a fancy bike, front suspension will make the going easier, a helmet is also a must, you should also have the minimum in tools and spares; multi tool, patch kit and innertubes. In terms of trails themselves, although we will be riding red and black stuff, most things have alternative routed around if you don't want to go off a drop or something.

They do have a bike/equipment rental facility on site though don't they? I don't have any gear but would still be up for it if I can rent the necessary items (and time permitting of course).

Soldato
I wont be able to decide till much closer till the time, if i go i can camp that doesnt bother me do it all the time. But work might get in the way with my times.

Alright then, no worries. I don't mind camping either, done more than my fair share of festivals, so I'm sure I'll cope with that. :p

Back
Top Bottom