Guild Wars 2

Associate
Just gonna buy the bog standard version, all pre order bonuses for single player games and past GWs etc have been crap. It's either useless stats or pointless after few hours or play or another 1000 people are spamming it, honestly can't think of a pre order item worth paying extra for.

As for the price I'd imagine it be 35 pounds plus for the standard, which would be reasonable considering its a MMO(?) content wise.

Soldato
Yeh the more I think about it the more obvious it is that there's no point touching the DD edition. Standard pre-order direct from ANet it is for me.

Permabanned
Standard Edition (Europe) — Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive their serial code. This is the only serial code customers will receive and will grant access to the Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access, the Hero's Band digital item, and full access to the final live game. Customers will not need to return to retail to receive another serial code.
I guess it boils down to do not pre-order the game if you're not sure whether you'll cancel or not. People do that all the time with games, pre-order, try the beta weekends then cancel... you won't be able to with this game.

Doesn't bother me as the game looks amazing but i know it will some of you.

Soldato
I guess it boils down to do not pre-order the game if you're not sure whether you'll cancel or not. People do that all the time with games, pre-order, try the beta weekends then cancel... you won't be able to with this game.

If thats the case thats put me off already. I'm sceptical about the game, its nothing like GW at all and I want to try it out before I buy it.

Associate
I'd say june to....they are opening up the final stages of the beta at the End of march and then Beta weekends for Pre-orders after April 10th......I'd imagine thats for Server load testing etc.

Im gonna go June 8th :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Plus it's not like they have to wait for the final build to ship the discs, it'll just auto patch whatever version they bung on there. They could bug fix right up 'til the night of release.

I'm hoping for first week of July, as my next kid is due then, so I'll have 3 weeks of Paternity leave and broken sleep to put into GW2 :D

Associate
Plus it's not like they have to wait for the final build to ship the discs, it'll just auto patch whatever version they bung on there. They could bug fix right up 'til the night of release.

I'm hoping for first week of July, as my next kid is due then, so I'll have 3 weeks of Paternity leave and broken sleep to put into GW2 :D

who needs to wet the babys head when theres leveling to be done!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
who needs to wet the babys head when theres leveling to be done!

It's tradition!

2a8hnxy.jpg

That's my GW1 order, my first daughter was born 3 days later! I'd just finished installing the game and making my first character when I had to take the Mrs to the hospital!

Spent the next few months playing GW with a baby asleep on my chest or in the basket next to me :D

Back
Top Bottom