Silent Hill Downpour

Associate
How can people say theyve never heard of this until now. Its been a known game for about 2 years. It was supposed to be released last year but due to poor reception by journalists it was delayed to work on the gameplay and other issues ie it was rubbish so Im not holding out for this one to be honest. The gameplay footage I saw last year was horrendous so no wonder it was delayed. The new footage looks OK but I do feel that they need to go back to the drawing board for Silent Hill. Theyve never been as good as the origionals were

This I said befoe the reviews came in

Looks like the delay didnt even fix the origional issues. Developers need to have passion for the industry again. There are some great devs out there. Naughty Dog, Epic, DICE etc but then there are so many duds who take franchises and ruin them.

In the end they only hurt themselves. No sales means no money means devs shut down. Quality over quantity and a quick £

Never mind. Here's hoping the Vita Silent Hill turns out to be better but with co-op play I somehow doubt that too :)

Shame

Associate
Number 1 was awesome prob most scary game i've played. 2 was also great but kinda went downhill after that. This game looks pretty solid though I'll be picking it up.

Soldato
Game is good, not great, but good. A few spooky moments, and a few WTF moments, such a I spent 3 mins running up some stairs that were endless after running through a door away from something. After thinking "hold on a moment". I ran back down, took 2 seconds, got to the door I barged through and it was a different room. Very well done.

The atmoshphere feels exactly like a Silent Hill game, very eery, odd and awkward.

Looking forward to playing more of it.

Soldato
Game is good, not great, but good. A few spooky moments, and a few WTF moments, such a I spent 3 mins running up some stairs that were endless after running through a door away from something. After thinking "hold on a moment". I ran back down, took 2 seconds, got to the door I barged through and it was a different room. Very well done.

The atmoshphere feels exactly like a Silent Hill game, very eery, odd and awkward.

Looking forward to playing more of it.

You got a US import?

Soldato
He has a friend in an indy game shop. ;)

Actually, different source this time.

If you guys really want, will post proof tonight once I am back from Winchester?

EDIT: Just to let you guys know, my mini reviews won't be the greatest, I hate scarey games and play with the lights on... Biggest wimp in the world lol.

Soldato
I'll be getting this and Book of memories for the Vita.

Have the latest one dusting down somewhere. It just didn't grab me at all.
So hoping these ones will be good :)

Soldato
I was hoping for good things with this. Will still probably get it at a later date but will maybe pick up either ninja gaiden or even the silent hill he collection. I will say though that I wasn't a big fan if the second. I can also pinpoint what it was. There were several parts in the game that pointed towards something but it never happened. For instance I remember the prison bit. There were areas that were smashed up by something big and there were some horrible breathing and crashing sounds leading you to believe there was something monstrous in there with you... But it never turned up :(

Associate
Just read and watched a couple of reviews for this, it seems that the story is pretty good but the combat is woeful at best. It's a shame, as I was looking forward to this. Ah well, might still pick it up in a few months.

Soldato
God damn, been waiting of this a while, and it looks like its been pushed back AGAIN from the 30th of March!

Can someone confirm this?

RTJ

Back
Top Bottom