Your First Car

Soldato
What was your first car? How old were you when you bought it? Do you still own it, or did you sell it on?

Mine was a Nissan Micra, 1990 1.0 3dr in white. I was 17 when I bought it, and sold it about 7 months later. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it, but below is a nice example.

What was your first car? If you still have it, what is it?

4d3e9f145bc368a9d42e06b5d.jpg

Associate
My first car was a Fiat 126 :eek: that did me proud for my first 2 years at university. It got sold after that as I went on a placement to Germany for 16 months.
Shame really as it was a completely underpowered but stupidly awesome thing to drive. Skinny tyres, rear wheel drive and you had to drive everywhere with your foot firmly planted on the floor :D

J.B

J.B

Soldato
What was your first car? How old were you when you bought it? Do you still own it, or did you sell it on?

Mine was a Nissan Micra, 1990 1.0 3dr in white. I was 17 when I bought it, and sold it about 7 months later. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it, but below is a nice example.

What was your first car? If you still have it, what is it?

4d3e9f145bc368a9d42e06b5d.jpg

I had one of these but 1986 reg! In red as well. Was a great car. Didn't cost me anything either, needed some new tyres and then worked flawlessly for 6 months, then I sold it and the head gasket blew about a month later!

My first proper car that I drove a lot was a 1994 Rover 416Sli which was based on a Honda engine and was solid as a rock.

Associate
I bought myself a 1989 Mini Thirty in January, it's my first car and I'm still doing my lessons. (turned 18 last week)

2466495.jpg

Cost me the grand some of £500, but it needs a bit of welding, just had a new boot. If I spent £300 it'd probably get it on the road, but I plan on keeping it and after my first year on the road I want to do a full restoration. We'll see how much money I have nearer the time! :p

Soldato
March 5th 2005, 2001 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec. Cost me £6500 and I was 20 about a month after buying it. I learned to drive with the AA so I had plenty of time in a Focus and really liked the car. Bought it with a 8k loan which covered my first year's insurance as well. I was living at home with minimal outgoings so it was paid off in 2 years.

Still have it now although it'll be gone this year, probably for an Octavia 1.8 TSI.

Never given me any trouble apart from the last few weeks which is my fault.

Soldato
If we exclude my mini as that never really made it to the road, my first car was a 1.4 Peugeot 306 XL, with a mighty 75 bhp :cool:

75bhp is for winners! Although my engine is smaller, 1.25 fiesta. Such a revvy little engine, lots of fun. Had mine for 3 years and its still as good as when I first got it.

Soldato
OP
Wow, and you think thats going to get people to repeat what they said last week. Astounding.

Yes, I am sure everyone from the forum contributed to that exact thread.

I didn't see that post, so I'm sure others didn't either. I am completely aware this isn't a unique topic.

Soldato
OP
I had one of these but 1986 reg! In red as well. Was a great car. Didn't cost me anything either, needed some new tyres and then worked flawlessly for 6 months, then I sold it and the head gasket blew about a month later!

My first proper car that I drove a lot was a 1994 Rover 416Sli which was based on a Honda engine and was solid as a rock.

The only issue I had with mine was the sills and they needed a little work done to them.

I sold mine in 2007 and saw it on the road a few months back, still going like a trooper.

Soldato
OP
I bought myself a 1989 Mini Thirty in January, it's my first car and I'm still doing my lessons. (turned 18 last week)

2466495.jpg

Cost me the grand some of £500, but it needs a bit of welding, just had a new boot. If I spent £300 it'd probably get it on the road, but I plan on keeping it and after my first year on the road I want to do a full restoration. We'll see how much money I have nearer the time! :p

Awesome - do you feel like you're getting ready to take your test? How far are you off?

Back
Top Bottom