OcUK to stop selling Shuttles

Associate
Erm - all the others look rubbish / are larger?

However if it means overclockers support gets better - it can only be a good thing - because lets face it- it hasnt been award winning has it ? heh :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Shuttle offer the best SFF product. Thats a fact.

Ive had to experience the horrific support twice now, which resulted in a friend of mine having to wait four months to get a working SN45G.

Their build quality has definately taken a dive (hence the reason for my return, DON'T INCREASE THE VDIMM ON SN45G's WITH v2 MOTHERBOARDS! YOU WILL KILL YOUR SHUTTLE!) as well.

But the fact remains their product line is topnotch spanning several models whos looks can't be beat.

I hope Shuttle become more agreeable, in the meantime, if i need an SFF, ill buy from another retailer. Hats off to OcUK for taking a stand though.

Associate
Surely this is consumer issue?

If someone wants a shuttle they'll buy it from elsewhere if OCUk don;t stock it, regardless of fault replacement times (?)

Soldato
Obviously Slip (your not the Slip i know are you?).

You have people complaining how bad OcUK's support are, and OcUK responding and trying to improve. Shuttle say all end-user support is handled by the retailers. Their turn-around time to the retailers is absolutely terrible.

When i had to RMA my mates Shuttle, it literally took 2 months for the first one to turn up. The retailer bent over backwards trying to sort me out, especially as i had specific requirements (I needed them to keep the PSU because it was a replacement from Shuttle themselves to solve the ATi AIW issues).

It reflects badly on OcUK, when its really not their fault. To improve, OcUK have to put pressure on the suppliers, which is what they are doing by this move.

OcUK Staff
Originally posted by wyatt gates
what happens to people you have bought one off overclockers,concerning if they have problems with there shuttle before 12 months is up

We will still look after our customers, but obviously we'll be in the hands of Shuttles and as we won't be carrying stock RMA times can be lengthy.

Associate
It's a good move by OcUK - I remember complaining about them withdrawing Gainward cards from sale especially after the fantastic prices they were selling them for.

A few weeks later, I learned the depth of my mistake in buying from a competitor :eek: I am going to follow their lead a lot more closely this time ;)

Soldato
i was thinking of getting one but it look like i wont be. why dont board makers make micro boards to fit in a case the size of a shuttle, then we will have a larger choice of mobos to use in a micro pc

Soldato
They already do?

The top-tier manufacturers arent producing microATX boards because there was no market for them - Shuttle used to make them and were the only manufacturer i recall that did who made a noise about it. One day they got fed up of having tiny motherboards but no buyers, and the Shuttle XPC was born.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a standard format - years ago i remember looking at price lists and seeing PC Chips MicroATX boards being sold.

edit - definately not using MiniITX format - this is what VIA use in their Hush PCs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's a question for Gibbo :-

What about people that have already bought Shuttles from you, if you stop selling Shuttles all together then aren't people who RMA Shuttles to you in the future in for a long wait !!

HEADRAT

Soldato
Originally posted by HEADRAT
Here's a question for Gibbo :-

What about people that have already bought Shuttles from you, if you stop selling Shuttles all together then aren't people who RMA Shuttles to you in the future in for a long wait !!

HEADRAT

gibbo said on the first page if you want an RMA you have to talk to shuttle not OCUK
i think

Back
Top Bottom