Small bag for Fuji x100 - Any ideas?

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm after a small, compact bag for my x100 to carry spare memory cards/batteries and protect in case of a big downpour etc. Ideally I'd like something that's reasonably smart looking, but not too flashy and fairly discrete.

Any ideas?

Associate
Whilst leather cases are nice, look good and are usually hard wearing, I would be cautious.

As it is a natural product, if it gets wet or damp it will attract mould/fungus over time - and they're not things I would want anywhere near my camera or lenses. Same goes for Canvas cases, they can be prone to Fungal growths.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A full case from JNK leather works?

I've got a nice half case, but I wanted a bit extra for if I'm chucking it in a bag to take on holiday and I don't want it banging around.

A crumpler cupcake might be good but still a bit big. The best bet looks to me like a Billingham Pola, but £95 seems a bit much given how small it is

Man of Honour
I've got a nice half case, but I wanted a bit extra for if I'm chucking it in a bag to take on holiday and I don't want it banging around.

A crumpler cupcake might be good but still a bit big. The best bet looks to me like a Billingham Pola, but £95 seems a bit much given how small it is

They're expensive but exceptionally well made and they have a massive advantage, in my eyes at least, of not being just another coloured nylon bag like everything else on the market. I'd buy another in a heartbeat...

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm after a small, compact bag for my x100 to carry spare memory cards/batteries and protect in case of a big downpour etc. Ideally I'd like something that's reasonably smart looking, but not too flashy and fairly discrete.

Any ideas?

Sorry can't help with a bag :D How are you finding the x100? With the release of the 1.2 firmware which appears to improve AF speed I'm considering one of these as my lighter travel and high ISO indoor option to use in addition to the 1Ds2.

Man of Honour
Sorry can't help with a bag :D How are you finding the x100? With the release of the 1.2 firmware which appears to improve AF speed I'm considering one of these as my lighter travel and high ISO indoor option to use in addition to the 1Ds2.

I'd suggest you should really try one...some people love it to bits and in many respects it's wonderful but I couldn't get on with it myself, it was just too sluggish.

I would be curious if anybody can offer an opinion on whether the firmware upgrade improved it, I still want one but I suspect that want will just end up with an x-pro 1 shaped hole in my wallet...

Caporegime
I'd suggest you should really try one...some people love it to bits and in many respects it's wonderful but I couldn't get on with it myself, it was just too sluggish.

I would be curious if anybody can offer an opinion on whether the firmware upgrade improved it, I still want one but I suspect that want will just end up with an x-pro 1 shaped hole in my wallet...

ouch:D

Soldato

I have tried one, nearly bought one at release but I found the AF too sluggish for family\kids playing type shots indoors. The 1.2 firmware appears to have sped the AF up drastically although I'm still reading through forums to see if any issues drop out (there are a few appearing).

x-pro 1 has also had AF speed questioned, and I'm not sure I want another system camera as a second body.

Soldato
It definitely appears to be a camera that promises so much in some areas but then proceeds to disappoint and annoy in others. Some still love it despite the quirks others dump it as soon as possible! I don't think I'd be able to make my mind up on it unless I use it for a while. I'd aim to buy second hand so I could sell on for little loss...

Soldato
OP
It definitely appears to be a camera that promises so much in some areas but then proceeds to disappoint and annoy in others. Some still love it despite the quirks others dump it as soon as possible! I don't think I'd be able to make my mind up on it unless I use it for a while. I'd aim to buy second hand so I could sell on for little loss...

I've only just started playing with it, taking it on holiday for 2 weeks to the US/Chicago on Sunday so that will really tell me how it is.

First impressions are yes, the autofocus is slow, but the lens seems very sharp, plus the ISO performance in low light shooting is fantastic - I haven't done proper side by side comparisons but it looks a lot better than my 40D.

I basically went with one when I realised that my 40D/17-55 sits around most of the time because it's too big/bulky to carry around, and when I thought about it it's rare that I use the features that give the SLR the edge. I'm going to see how I get on with the holiday and if I'm happy I may look at an X-1 Pro or similar and sell the rest of my Canon gear :eek:

Soldato

This won't help your wallet...

http://zackarias.com/blog/

Or potentially mine!

Man of Honour
I am curious to see the write up, though the shots look amazing, there's obviously a lot of potential in the sensor despite it only being APS-C. No, it's not looking promising for my wallet at all...

Back
Top Bottom