Need a new mouse

Associate
Hi everyone,

I guess this thread should be in here, but not really sure. Anyway, I need a new mouse.

I've been using a Razer Copperhead for about 4 years and it's recently started having issues turning itself off or double clicking the right mouse button - quite annoying when trying to scope on BF3.

My requirements are as follows:

- Must be able to have easily selectable 800 (on foot BF3), 1600 (in a tank) and 2000+ (general use/other games) dpi settings
- 4 programmable buttons (I currently use the two thumb buttons for crouch and grenades and the right buttons for DPI up/down)
- Ideally adjustable weight - I'd like to try this out as I always felt the Copperhead was a little too light

My budget is up to £45 (no more really). So far I've been tempted by the Logitech G500, Saitek Cyborg R.A.T 5 and the CoolerMaster Sentinel Zero-G.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep G500 or the G700 which is the wireless version but with 2/3 more buttons. Also the wireless is lag free when the report rate is set to 1000.

Associate
OP
I think I'd rather avoid wireless - knowing my luck I would always forget to change the batteries and have it die in the middle of a good round.

No love for the CM/Saitek?

Associate
OP
I've ordered my new mouse - a Logitech G9X. I found a blemished box version for a price I frankly couldn't turn down - ok, it's the MW3 version, but I'll live with that.

Associate
Have the CM Zero G and I love it, Nothing in particular as to why. The only downside for me is I find the top (furthest away from me) thumb button just a shade too far and I have large hands too. Also bear in mind if you want four programmable buttons you will have to lose either the profile buttons, or the dpi buttons. Got both my thumb buttons set up on macros for BF3, one for prone and one for crouch, one press = switch to defib, revive, then back to main weapon ready to kill again.

Associate
OP
The G500 was the front runner until I spotted the G9X for the price I paid. I do need to get a new mousemat though, so the one bundled with the G500 may have to be ordered.

Associate
OP
I have to say, I'm a little wary of Razer mice now. My Copperhead head is great, I'm not going to argue that, but the software has caused me some problems in the past with regards crashing/not recognising the mouse. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting the G9X this week and giving it a trial.

I do need a new mouse mat though, and am sorely tempted by the super sized ones OcUK have - the Boogie Bug XL and the Aerocool Strike-X in particular. I sometimes find that my current mat (cheapie cloth) slips on my desk, plus the top layer is peeling and getting caught on the cable. Has anyone used these mats? If so, how did you find them? Was it annoying having the keyboard on the same mat? I'm on quite a small desk so it may be that the monitor would have to go on the mat as well - I'll measure up at home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom