OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I'll be 47 end of July & would have passed my test about a day/week & will have 1 years No claims from my Chopper.
I just wondered whether I should only be looking at 600's ? I've had a hankering for a Blackbird for ages now & it would fit the bill for what I want it for as in everything & some Serious touring.

Soldato
I reckon you'll get a fairly decent quote at your age. Shouldn't be any more than £500 a year fully comp.

I suppose that'd be quite a bit compared to what you're used to though. I am completely guessing though.

Like I said, just do a few quotes. Try devitt, they were quite cheap for me.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Why fully comp tho, given how high the xs can be on some policies, your better of just tpf&t, to put it into context, the tpf&t is all of £130 ( including legal cover & breakdown recovery ) on my XJ1300 at 47, granted ive got max NCB, but still, is it really worth paying the extra dosh?.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I was just wondering whether I was wasting my time looking at the Blackbirds.

A Blackbird as a first big bike ( in every sense of the word ) with so little experience & low NCB, might get the insurance companies rubbing there hands with barely contained glee. tis a helluva brave choice. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I remember the guy whose name is missing but I didn't catch his name on the day, It's hard enough to remember everybodys names & then identifying the forum name & bike about pickles my brain. :o
Your vid put my head back in order. :p

Fork seals done & replaced with Jap seals & decent oil, Weathers scorching here today as well & easily warm enough to ride in shorts if you're completely mentals.

Back
Top Bottom