Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yea, they are interesting - but being grey imports from Korea means that if you have an immediate problem (DOA, bright/dead pixels) then you either need to buy from a reseller that offers a returns policy (usually very limited) or ship it back to korea at huge cost. If your monitor develops a problem down the road - then you may be very much out of luck.

As for the 100Hz refresh rate - that seems to be achieved by overclocking and only on some particular models (newer ones seemed to achieve much lower overclocks). The default refresh rate is 60Hz.

Personally, unless I regularly travelled to Korea I would feel much more comfortable buying a large and expensive monitor like a 27in IPS from a UK seller and go for a good brand like Dell or HP.

Associate
As for the 100Hz refresh rate - that seems to be achieved by overclocking and only on some particular models (newer ones seemed to achieve much lower overclocks). The default refresh rate is 60Hz.

Personally, unless I regularly travelled to Korea I would feel much more comfortable buying a large and expensive monitor like a 27in IPS from a UK seller and go for a good brand like Dell or HP.

You can overclock monitors?

Associate
Don't for get to add on duty, can someone confirm what that is, as far as I can find it's 11.6%* & 20% VAT + fee from FedEx for clearing customs/paying taxes, not less that £20 + £35 3 year warranty that some are offering.

Works out about £351 for non-perfect pixel, for perfect pixel without warranty because I can't find a buyer offering it £397 or £432 assuming you can find a buyer offering the said warranty deal.

Note this is not much off the price of the Hazro considering you could send it back under the DSR, there was a short discussion about over clocking the Hazro it the Hazro thread but there was no point as it already had some sort of overdrive .

*Commodity code 8528 59 10 10

Other monitors

Other

Black and white or other monochrome

Monitors, using liquid crystal display technology, equipped with either digital visual interface (DVI) or a video graphics array (VGA) connector or both with a diagonal measurement of the screen not exceeding 77,50 cm (i.e. 30,5 inches), with an aspect ratio of 1:1, 4:3, 5:4 or 16:10, with a pixel resolution exceeding 1,92 mega pixels, and with a dot pitch not exceeding 0,3 mm

South Korea Tariff preference 11.60% D0265/11

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Depends what the seller puts down as the value.

Many are saying that they put down value automatically as $100. Not saying this is good, bad or allowed.

Like the look of the Crossover version as it has hieght tilt and portrait on the stand.

Short clip on youtube of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDd12i0hP_E&hd=1

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232496/crossover-27q-led-led-p-27m-led-monitor-club

Was waiting on B Grade at Hazro site, but going to order one of these at end of the week and try my luck.

Soldato
very nice looking 27" tft, does not exactly have 3d or hdmi or 120hertz....

But its a very nice looking panel and very cheap as well, if they cam 100hertz and IPS panels would be lovely indeed.

Still on the look out for that new LG 3D 27" IPS panel...

Associate
Does not have 100Hz - look closely at the I/O controller board and you'll know who the supplier is :). Warranties are void in Europe. Also, 14% duty on +22inch displays which is why we assemble here (Foxconn and the likes do it in the Czech Repub/Poland). Stand does not pass VESA standards because of how much it wobbles/shakes

Associate
OP
Looks like some follks on the overclock.net forum are looking to get a new board made for the insides that can be bought as an add on you can get for the catleap monitor version. You can then change it over yourself.

This would allow the monitor to run at 100-120mhz.

Going by the forum there is huge demand for it, and if it is possible with this screen why cant Hazro do this as well.

Soldato
Looks like some follks on the overclock.net forum are looking to get a new board made for the insides that can be bought as an add on you can get for the catleap monitor version. You can then change it over yourself.

This would allow the monitor to run at 100-120mhz.

Going by the forum there is huge demand for it, and if it is possible with this screen why cant Hazro do this as well.

It would allow the monitor to 'run' at 100-120Hz, but to be honest people have unrealistic expectations of what that would actually achieve. I have put forward my thoughts on those monitors here. Frankly the technology isn't ready to take advantage of that kind of refresh rate and the improvement one would see would be marginal at best.

Associate
Just looked it up on that auction site, looks similar spec to the Hazro even shows similar power brick.

With VAT, duty and admin fee from the carrier for paying VAT/duty it comes in around £300.

And I was thinking of getting a Dell U3011 why not just buy 3 of these bad boys for slightly more :cool:

Will need to look into it a little bit but that's what I'll probably end up doing.

Soldato
And I was thinking of getting a Dell U3011 why not just buy 3 of these bad boys for slightly more :cool:

Will need to look into it a little bit but that's what I'll probably end up doing.

believe me the U3011 is well worth the money, incredible monitor

(although I would kill for 3 *27" dell's for surround gaming - but I need some decent graphics cards first lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom