Pizza Hut

Soldato
I'd eat at Pizza Hut, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I don't really like the bases. I really like Pizza Express on the other hand.

Only been to Papa Johns once when I was in Edinburgh. From what I remember, it was gorgeous!

Associate
Problem with pizza hut, dominoes etc.. is that their base is awful, and their pizzas are just too greasy! :/
This, totally.

Did have one a while back, we didn't really enjoy it, was offputting to see an aerosol can of "garlic butter" through the kitchen hatch.

Caporegime
OP
Dominoes is quite nice, but sometimes I feel they overcook their pizzas and consequently the cheese and pepperoni goes a bit burnt and hard, whereas papa's always cook their's perfectly.

I may try their new Mediterranean Sausage Pizza on Friday. This Double Spicy Beef is also superb.

dbl-spicy-beef-pizza-large.jpg

Nom!

Associate
For me, Papa Johns is the king of takeaway pizzas. I find Pizza Hut to be much too greasy and I find Dominoes a bit 'meh' and not worth the money. Papa Johns on the other hand I could happily eat every day and their sides are awesome!

daz

daz

Soldato
Papa John's reminds me of a decent slice in New York.

Obviously not "authentic" Italian pizza, but damn tasty just the same.

Soldato
I used to work in one back in uni, the amount of grease and fat used to bake one of those bases put me right off the place, although unlimited expressos was a fun experience being up at 6am stockpiling pizzas.

Soldato
The trouble with the various Pizza chains is like any franchised food outlet, quality is extremely variable. They do not operate like the chain restaurant where a meal in one Zizzi is the same as a meal in another Zizzi, but rather the quality of the product depends on the specific instance, management and employees of the store. If you get a bad pizza, chances are you have slack management and bored, lack lustre employees, content to chuck in 5 kernels as 'sweetcorn'. It is variable over time though, as staff turn around appears to be relatively high in these some what undesirable jobs - so don't write them off just yet.

Rule Number 1) TELL THEM.

If they don't know you had a bad experience, nothing will ever change, and these guys DO CARE when their customers are having bad experiences.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The trouble with the various Pizza chains is like any franchised food outlet, quality is extremely variable. They do not operate like the chain restaurant where a meal in one Zizzi is the same as a meal in another Zizzi, but rather the quality of the product depends on the specific instance, management and employees of the store. If you get a bad pizza, chances are you have slack management and bored, lack lustre employees, content to chuck in 5 kernels as 'sweetcorn'. It is variable over time though, as staff turn around appears to be relatively high in these some what undesirable jobs - so don't write them off just yet.

Rule Number 1) TELL THEM.

If they don't know you had a bad experience, nothing will ever change, and these guys DO CARE when their customers are having bad experiences.

That's true to a point but tbh a "perfect" dominos pizza is still going to pale in comparison to a decent 'proper' pizza. Even more so for pizza hut, who make some truly awful stuff :p

Back
Top Bottom