**The one and only Official BioShock Thread**- now with added **SPOILERS**

Man of Honour
I used patch 1.1 for most of the game. Didn't really notice much difference apart from the vsync/FOV fixes. Were a lot of cheap tonics/plasmids (1 adam) for sale which I presume were new but can't say for certain as I don't think I'd found many gatherer's gardens before patching.

Associate
I've just completed Bioshock and thought I'd drop a quick review on here. I bought it in the Xmas sales for £3.50 and it turns out this was superb value for money.

Given that this game came out in 2007 it looks extremely good. The water effects on the whole are quite impressive. The general atmosphere of the game is excellent although I found much of it was lost playing with speakers. I started using headphones about 60% of the way in and regretted not doing this from the start.

I played on Normal difficulty and it took me about 15 hours all in, although I did explore every area thoroughly and enjoyed collecting bits from boxes/corpses etc. The plasmids were a nice touch, however preferred normal weapons. The shotgun and crossbow in particular were really fun and suited my playstyle.

I rescued all the children as most people probably did on the first playthough. I must admit I'm tempted to replay in a year or so and harvest them instead, although I'm not sure if it'll give me too much of a different playthrough.

The game is quite linear but that didn't distract from the fun. The story is good and all of the little recordings enriched the story . There weren't may 'wow' moments, although a nice twist in the story near the end.

I know Bioshock 2 isn't thought of too highly but I'm looking forward to a similar experience with that next.

Soldato
OP
Woweeee, I started this thread in 2007.. 13 years ago is hard to believe, fired up the remaster today and in all its glory at high FPS and ultrawide this game is still as epic as ever, nothing will ever beat the feeling of arriving to Rapture for the first time. If you have a lot of time on your hands due to the lockdown, fire up Bioshock, it deserves another play through.

Back
Top Bottom