****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
I just upgraded to CM9 and my external_sd folder has gone missing but its still recognised in the settings. I just can't see my files.. anyone encountered this problem before?

In hydrogenics the external sd is under 'emmc' (or something similar) so it might be the same with CM9.

Soldato
I just upgraded to CM9 and my external_sd folder has gone missing but its still recognised in the settings. I just can't see my files.. anyone encountered this problem before?

AOSP ROM - external_sd is now mnt\emmc.

I believe the external_sd folder might be a Samsung modification.

uv

uv

Soldato
i'd like to either upgrade the firmware / rom or restore the factory defaults. (Without loosing all me applications / data)

If you're still rooted, I've found this app to be much simpler and just as effective as Titanium Backup, and it's free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupRoot

Backup everything, flash your new ROM, restore everything.

If you switch from GB to ICS, then you may have issues restoring app data; if any apps ForceClose on you, just go to the App Info screen in Manage Apps, and clear the Cache.

Associate
Is there any sign of Checkrom V7? Or is it a long way off?

Long way off, development has not started yet as he has just returned back. the ICS S2 rom is still buggy but 4.0.4 i think has just come out. You will prob need to wait until 4.0.5 when it has main bugs ironed out on core features such as call, messaging etc.

Soldato
Hydrogenics is my favorite ICS ROM that I've tried so far. Works perfectly besides MHL which I don't use. The ROM control customization is really nice too.

Ditto. The only thing i dont like is the scrolling, it's very 'sticky'. I also think Apex is a better launcher than the stock Trebuchet one but i guess that's just a personal preference.

Man of Honour
A sacrifices must be made situation I guess ¬_¬

Edit*
Have to say the video effects are pretty amazing. Restored all my apps and settings and all seems good so far. Play Store still has the RPC error when viewing the All tab in My Apps (known issue for many people due to Store side issue).

I've flashed LPR modem too as XDA reports show it to be efficient in battery drain and also good on network signal (like KI4).

Last edited:
Soldato
If I want to update from 31.03.12 Hydrogenics to 02.04.12 version, what's the easiest way? Surely I don't have to do a full wipe of everything do I? Doesn't seem to be in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom