Guild Wars 2

Associate
Sweet just did the pre-purchase on buy.guildwars2......and bought my Bro a copy as im that kinda guy :)

Just got an email saying they will send me the game client link shortly......buzzziiingggg

Associate
the play CE is a pre-order not a pre-purchase so you won't get the beta weekends, the hero band and 3 day head start

they have the standard edition for pre-purchase though

Last edited:
Associate
the play CE is a pre-order not a pre-purchase so you won't get the beta weekends, the hero band and 3 day head start

they have the standard edition for pre-purchase though

I was kindve worried about that with the play CE.. Ive just decided to cancel that one now and go with Zavvi CE

Associate
Client will go live, you can download.

When a Beta WEEKEND event starts you can play.

Someone put the client up a while back that was made available last beta weekend. Just tried my details in it and all it says is that there is no beta event live at the moment, so I'm sure they will make the client available fairly soon to give people plenty of time to download it.

As far as I am aware they will be using the same client all the way through Beta weekends and into release so it will be nice and simple just to keep that beta updated.

Associate
How does the whole pre-purchase thing work then?

Will we get to start downloading the game shortly in preparation for beta?

You get an email from Arena Net with a download link for the game client, then you use the User ID you created to play the Beta on the weekends its available.

Associate
The four-digit code does not appear in the game itself unless another player chooses the same name, in which case both your name and the four-digit code will appear.

Not sure I like this! I think the name you choose, should be unique to you.

Anyway all sorted. Will try add my details to my beta client when I get home, you never know! :D

Associate
Bare in mind though that preorders only grant 1 day early access and no beta access.

to clarify..

nz4v8x.png

Soldato
Spoken to Zavvi and it seems it's being sent out like with the other prepurchase in the mail so we should get it by the end of the week hopefully. Just as long as nobody nicks my name
:p

Associate
Spoken to Zavvi and it seems it's being sent out like with the other prepurchase in the mail so we should get it by the end of the week hopefully. Just as long as nobody nicks my name
:p

It will make no difference with your name mate. Look above. If somebody uses the same name, your name will appear in game with your 4digit code behind it.

Back
Top Bottom