Hazro HZ27WD half screen only (faultly display?)

Associate
Jesus the problems just keep coming with these monitors I really wish I would never of bought mine.

To me from the picture the screen looks dead mate but I can't be sure,

Do you still get half a display in the BIOS? (If you can SEE your BIOS?)

Associate
same in bios, tried ps3 the same... kinda disappointed with hazro now... shame they are the only ones who makes these displays with glass...

If its doing it in the BIOS and on other devices its the screen itself, RMA that bad boy

At least you HAVE half a BIOS displayed, I dont! :p

Associate
Soldato
Jesus the problems just keep coming with these monitors I really wish I would never of bought mine.

To me from the picture the screen looks dead mate but I can't be sure,

Do you still get half a display in the BIOS? (If you can SEE your BIOS?)

Yes, and really makes me smile when people decide to spend an extra £250 over the catleap.....which in my reading seems to indicate it has LESS problems than the Hazro. Granted you can return them unlike the catleap, but it's over twice the price!

Funny when you think the Hazro is supposed to have much better internals :rolleyes: I used to have a Hazro but it had dust trapped in the screen which annoyed me

Associate
Yes, and really makes me smile when people decide to spend an extra £250 over the catleap.....which in my reading seems to indicate it has LESS problems than the Hazro. Granted you can return them unlike the catleap, but it's over twice the price!

Funny when you think the Hazro is supposed to have much better internals :rolleyes: I used to have a Hazro but it had dust trapped in the screen which annoyed me

The question is what will happen a few months down the line with those cheap Catleap monitors. At this price point it is always a bit of a gamble.
To be fair to Hazro most of the horror reports involved the glass version, which has been discontinued. I got myself a cheap Hazro B-grade and am extremely happy, but who knows what will happen in a year's time? Luck of the draw...

Associate
i had one of the first batch, had dust and ded pixels so went back.
Got the glass free one end of May last year and up to today not had a single issue.

Out of the blue half the screen has stopped working on all inputs with all devices.

tbh, if I had the choice I wouldn't buy Hazro again, it just isn't worth the hassle.

Associate
Hazro HZ7WC off the shopping list > Dell U2711 instead.. or I would if the Dell was cheaper:p what's the RMA process like ? if it's terrible that'd be the no.1 reason that would tempt me to switch.

Associate
i had one of the first batch, had dust and ded pixels so went back.
Got the glass free one end of May last year and up to today not had a single issue.

Out of the blue half the screen has stopped working on all inputs with all devices.

tbh, if I had the choice I wouldn't buy Hazro again, it just isn't worth the hassle.

Associate
I ordered a Hazro HZ7WC but it arrived with a cluster of dead pixels - aside from that it was a great monitor but I returned it. I replaced it with the Hazro W30Wie and am very happy with my decision. The build quality is excellent, the picture quality superb and it's great for gaming. Although there definitely appears to be some issues with quality control and company doesn't have a very good RMA policy they are excellent monitors and outperform the competition, as well as costing less.

Most of the issues reported with Hazro monitors occur before first use, which means that you can use DSR to return it. OcUK are very good about handling it and while it's obviously an inconvenience the end result was worth it for me.

Associate
I guess Hazro is cheaper for a reason, I also believe most people not having problems with them don't write here. So we might have a slight misrepresentation of the amount of faulty screens. And they can be returned more or less easy.
If you read the thread that are linked in the first post of the Catlink thread, there seems to be quite the horrorstories of badly soldered parts inside the screens. And sending them back to Korea, IF you were unlucky, seems like a hastle.
That said, Catleaps are cheap for a reason. And I guess so is Hazro.
Eventhough they are much more expensive than catleaps, they are still cheaper than other brands.
The problem for me, at the moment, is finding a screen that does not have the awefull antiglare that kind of ruins the image for me.
There are some, but they are extreemly expensive NEC or Oizo screens.

That said, the Catleap seems a lottery where you have a good chance of winning.
I, personally, would rather want a Hazro over the Catleap. But at the moment, I'm waiting to see if some of the known brands will not come out with something good.

Associate
I guess Hazro is cheaper for a reason, I also believe most people not having problems with them don't write here. So we might have a slight misrepresentation of the amount of faulty screens.

I agree with you. Most people tend to keep quiet about their hardware when they are happy with it. Most forum threads tend to fall into 1 of 3 categories:

- Advice required. Please help.
- Look at my awesome kit. Comments please.
- My hardware is faulty. Please join me in ****ging off the manufacturer.

I'm happy with my Hazro. If it dies or develops a fault within the next 3 years then at least I can get it fixed under warranty. Yes, I know that Hazro's customer service has been poor in the past but it appears to be improving now. It's still better than having to send a Catleap back to some bloke in Korea, especially as there is no warranty as such. But at £250ish, a lot of people have decided that a Catleap is worth the risk, and for a lot of them it's turned out to be a real bargain.

Anyway getting back to the point of this thread, I found someone else reporting exactly the same problem with an Acer GD245HQ here http://www.overclock.net/t/779493/moniter-dead-half-screen-is-black
They managed to get it working again but I wouldn't call it a "fix" as such.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Well irony of irony, while I was reading the latest post my Hazro faded out and went completely black. I switched it on and off, it worked fine for a few minutes and then went black again.
Hopefully it will stay on long enough to finish this post. Unbelievable :(

Associate
That said, Catleaps are cheap for a reason. And I guess so is Hazro.
Eventhough they are much more expensive than catleaps, they are still cheaper than other brands.
To be honest they aren't even cheap, I can get a brand new Dell or HP delivered to my doorstep for about 20 quid more than the HZ27WC, a Samsung S27A850D would even be cheaper. International shipping isn't helping Hazro as I can get the other options locally but still the Hazro really isn't all that cheap and I don't think the quality is much if any worse either. The HP and Dell do come with pick up and return service unlike the Hazro however which would make up for the small difference in price.

I did go for a Hazro, a HZ27WD even which is quite a lot more expensive.. don't want an expensive monitor and then have the experience ruined by an AG coating (or in the case of the Samsung by backlight bleed).

got myself a cheap Hazro B-grade and am extremely happy, but who knows what will happen in a year's time? Luck of the draw...
Other brands aren't nessecary reliable either. Just look up Samsung 206bw flickering on google (or the 226bw), tons of people having problems often just after the warranty expired due to Samsung use cheap Chinese capacitors. They saved a few cent (not even a few pennies) and the result is obvious, doubt they'll do it again though.. having to replace so many monitors is bound to be more expensive than the few cent a monitor saved during production.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Samsung S27A850D is not a 1440p monitor.

Most capacitors are made in China, just look at the asus, msi, dell and hp so i think your comments are slightly irrelevant in my opinion.

Associate
Samsung S27A850D is not a 1440p monitor.

Most capacitors are made in China, just look at the asus, msi, dell and hp so i think your comments are slightly irrelevant in my opinion.
Then please let me point out your mistake and elaborate. The S27A850D is 2560x1440. I think you have it confused with either the S27A950D or S27A750D which are both 120Hz/1080p/1920x1080 monitors.

As for the capacitors, I'm sure there are some decent quality Chinese ones as well but those sure aren't used in the Samsungs I mentioned in my previous post. Look at some PSU manufacturer sites like thermaltakes where they mention "High Quality Japanese Main Capacitor" or MSI's videocards where they have a "all solid capacitors" icon to indicate they haven't been trying to cut costs in the worst of places. Gigabyte even seems to have made a video about them for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom