*** Offers & Bargains, all Consoles ***

Don
All; had the go ahead for some offers and bargains to be posted within this thread. I remember back in the day when we used to do this and it was a great thread full of offers, so hoping to bring it back to that standard; Use this thread for any types of deals. Pre-orders, cheapest places to get new releases etc.

Couple of rules:
  • Be careful with competitors.
  • Please ensure each offer you post up is the cheapest.
  • Don't trash the thread.
A couple for starters:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX 360/VIDEO GAMES/XB2SN02-Sniper Elite V2.html - Preorder of sniper elite £31.85
http://www.shopto.net/XBOX 360/VIDEO GAMES/XB2FO11EX-Formula 1 2011 F1.html f1 - 2011 - Season has now started,bloody hard at times but pretty authentic! A lot of the bugs have now gone, so it's a decent game at a good price: £16.85

Last edited:
Don
OP
What are the rules on competitors these days? They've changed so often I've no idea whet they are.

I'm sure Andy will be in to confirm these at some point, but from what I gather it's don't link to direct competitor sites. Stuff like shopto and play.com are fine I beleive as they don't sell computer hardware and it isn't their main line of business. Direct links like the two above are OK as their not "competitors" and are linking to the product directly.

Offer codes are OK if you want to add these into here - But again just be careful that these aren't offer codes for competitors as your post will more than likely be nuked!

Caporegime
What are the rules on competitors these days? They've changed so often I've no idea whet they are.

Assuming it's the same as for the pc forum (and the deals thread in there) Then mentioning pretty much anywhere is fine, but linking is a no-no (shouldn't be needed anyway, we all have google)

OCUK sell pc and console games but I've never seen anyone having posts deleted by mentioning any of these sold elsewhere. Might want to wait for confirmation on that one...

Don
OP
Assuming it's the same as for the pc forum (and the deals thread in there) Then mentioning pretty much anywhere is fine, but linking is a no-no (shouldn't be needed anyway, we all have google)

OCUK sell pc and console games but I've never seen anyone having posts deleted by mentioning any of these sold elsewhere. Might want to wait for confirmation on that one...

I've spoke to Andybtsn and he says it's OK. I referenced the PC section and that's where the thread has come from.

I'm sure Andy will come and lay out some more ground rules when he has time :)

Come on chaps, get the offers flowing! :)

Associate
Seems a bit pointless limiting this thread to just Xbox 360, why not have a general Console deals thread, you may not have a PS3, 3DS or Vita but other people might :p

Don
OP
Seems a bit pointless limiting this thread to just Xbox 360, why not have a general Console deals thread, you may not have a PS3, 3DS or Vita but other people might :p

Yeah get him to rename it too, no need to have one for each console.

Will drop him a message. Just thought it would be easier for most users who only really are interested in one console.

For me for example, I only own the 360, so have no need for PS3 etc;

I'll speak to Andy.

Associate
Thread is a great idea, just figured it might as well be for all consoles as having 4 thread will get messy. Anyway on to the deals!

Assassins Creed : Revelations (360/PS3) £14.95 @ Zavvi

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) £14.95 @ Zavvi

Vita 16gb Memory Card £29.95 @ Zavvi

Batman Arkham City (360) £16.99 @ Simply Games

Don
OP
Soldato
It's hit and miss, but I managed to get a Vita Wifi, Uncharted, Virtua Tennis and a 16gb memory card for £229.97 (in fact you can get any game you want / memory card).

I used O2 priority moments to do it in HMV, where you get £10 for every £30 back. Basically, you buy the £219.99 bundle, then get £70 back in a HMV giftcard. Then use that to buy whatever you want.

I think they are not meant to give you the vouchers against games hardware, but I have always found when they do these offers that there is always one store/salesguy who will puts through.

Back
Top Bottom