** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Soldato
Tried to play some BF3 in 3D yesterday evening and couldn't seem to get it working on my 5870, havn't looked into 3D gaming that much as I got this screen for the 120hz(tried some Portal 2 ages ago in 3D which looked amazing but too bad fps).

So maybe I do need an nvidia card for BF3? I just don't want to get 3D vision as it should work with this screen+glasses hmmmm... grrr

Don't try to run the game through TriDef. Just open it up and enable the stereoscopic option. The monitor should recognise this and put it in 3D mode (you may need to restart the game once, I forget). If this isn't the case then enable the stereoscopic 3D mode in the game and then manually put the monitor into Frame Sequential 3D mode. This title works fine on the AMD 6950 I tested so I don't see why it wouldn't work on your 5870.

I have the "not optimal res" message appear as some others do, i went to look at the samsung sit and they have a firmware update released 17th April i bought my monitor on the 19th, anyway went to upgrade and it says i alraedy hae! surely it wouldn't have been upgraded that quick at OC?
Just want to fix this optium message, cant find the newest driver at the moment!
regards
Guy

Which GPU? Is this over DisplayPort? The firmware is for the 'SA' series monitors. As usual Samsung aren't very helpful or communicative on that one but it isn't specific to the SA750/SA950 series at all. The (slightly) older SA350 and SA550 series had some real issues running via HDMI on Nvidia GPUs and this could have been something that the firmware was intended to fix.

Associate
Oh ok thats why it wouldnt install anyway yeah i have this problem over display port and because i have the 750 i can't use DVI as i have a dual cable, not impressed a lot of people seem to get this even though its at the right rsolution!
all drivers up to date, you would think as i have read through many posts on many forums this may have been fixed, i don't know weather to RMA it.
regards
Guy

Associate
Hi Borley, I get that sometimes and the screen can go black also, don't know how to fix it I just push the source button twice (switches to hdmi and back) and it sorts it out and doesn't happen again for a while, I think its just a displayport issue :(

Associate
Hi Dan, well i left my pc on overnight and woke it up this morning and it had 2 error messages in windows "display port failure".
I am not happy even if i only have to do as you say a couple of times a week thats still a couple times too many in my book for a £420 monitor, i can't believe Samsung hasn't fixed this!
Looks like i'm going to have to RMA i am realy annoyed about this, you would think that there woul be more of an outcry about it, especialy if you google it a lot of people have it.
Regards
Guy

Associate
Also what i would be interested to know is who has never had the problem and list the model display port lead they are using? ia m using the startech. com MDP2DPMM6 lead.
I have heard people have changed there lead and still got it, but it would be nice to know weather it comes down to certain leads.
Regards
Guy

Soldato
Also what i would be interested to know is who has never had the problem and list the model display port lead they are using? ia m using the startech. com MDP2DPMM6 lead.
I have heard people have changed there lead and still got it, but it would be nice to know weather it comes down to certain leads.
Regards
Guy

I have used a 750D extensively on my 6950 using the supplied DisplayPort cable and a 10 inch MiniDP-DP converter that came with my GPU. I have very rarely had that message and only ever when Windows starts up (I just switch the monitor off then on again and it's fine). Generally the shorter and thicker the cable, the better. In my case the supplied one worked nicely with a converter.

Associate
I have used a 750D extensively on my 6950 using the supplied DisplayPort cable and a 10 inch MiniDP-DP converter that came with my GPU. I have very rarely had that message and only ever when Windows starts up (I just switch the monitor off then on again and it's fine). Generally the shorter and thicker the cable, the better. In my case the supplied one worked nicely with a converter.

Hi thanks for the reply could you tell me the model number and name of the lead as OC don't seem to stock these leads, i know what they look like i would just like to try the same model for comapison to see if we get the same results. I am at the moment using a mini DP to DP on a XFX HD 6970.
regards
Guy

Soldato
Hi thanks for the reply could you tell me the model number and name of the lead as OC don't seem to stock these leads, i know what they look like i would just like to try the same model for comapison to see if we get the same results. I am at the moment using a mini DP to DP on a XFX HD 6970.
regards
Guy

It is just a cheapy 'Made In China' thing that came with my PowerColor Vortex 2 6950. It says 'Aston' on it but it I can't see how it would be any different to the Startech 6 inch adaptors. I hadn't looked at it for a while but it isn't 10 inches like I originally said it is 6-7 inches (no jokes please) :). You could try one of those and the cable that came with the Samsung. Also go on 'Setup & Reset' on the monitor and check what 'Auto Source' is set to.

Associate
Hi im going to give a startech converter a try with the dp lead i got with the monitor, cost around £16 off of the bay! will get back to you.
Also for the moment i am going to try with all the ECO modes turned off, i know i have saved 0% trees but hey im playing BF3 at 120hz!
Regards
Guy

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys

dont know if anyone can help. had the SA950 from new, and up until two weeks ago when i loaded 3D games and films all i had to do was switch on the glasses to start watching/playing , but i moved houses, and all setup. everything is the same but for some reason i know have to select frame sequential in the montor menu to able to use the glasses, anyone had this problem,,

Associate
Can i get vat back on my 750 i bought last friday? Just for some reason i got no invoice from oc which is wierd.Thats another question my monitor came in its samsung box not within another box, it had been opened and taped at depot or something it said. I thought fair enough to put the invoice,catalogue or nice sweeties like i got with my SSD drive, but no nothing in there apart from the samsung monitor and accesories, so my question was this becase OC put the 3 pin plug in themselves or could this of been a return?
regards
Guy

Last edited:
Soldato
so just under a week after testing with various adapters.

Looks like my 950D Display port no longer works..

Tried

Displayport to Displayport - No picture

MON ------ PC
DP ------- DP - No Picture
DP ------ DVI - No picture
DP ------ HDMI - No Picture

PC ------ MON
DP ------ DP - No Picture
DP ------ DVI - Picture
DP ------ HDMI - Picture
DVI ----- DVI - Picture
HDMI ----- HDMI - Picture

It's an issue that most of us 750D users have been experiencing for months see here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18408623.

Soldato
I read on another forum earlier that Samsung are supposed to be looking into it, i want to get a 27" 750D myself.. so not sure what to do.

Really? Which forum i'm intrigued.

But putting the DisplayPort issue aside, the 750D is a cracking monitor.. I was happy when I paid £400 and got it working (for a short while) over DisplayPort @ 120Hz.

So for £300, if the DisplayPort does get fixed, £300 is one hell of a deal for a monitor of this quality.

Associate
Really? Which forum i'm intrigued.

But putting the DisplayPort issue aside, the 750D is a cracking monitor.. I was happy when I paid £400 and got it working (for a short while) over DisplayPort @ 120Hz.

So for £300, if the DisplayPort does get fixed, £300 is one hell of a deal for a monitor of this quality.

Totaly agree the picture and smoothness is great just this major issue lets it down

Back
Top Bottom