ZX750 P4 Gossip/prices/thoughts Pics inc.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've found a Mint ZX750 P4 T reg with a gen 13k miles up it. The bike is in Superb condition & the chap told me not 2300 but 2 grand & it's mine. Here comes the confusion :p
I've read untold reviews on this bike & although a bit on the heavy side the reviews have been Outstanding, Apparently the front end is superb & the weight of it makes it really stable. :cool:
What I need to know is whether 2 grand is to much ?

Insurance quotes have been just over 200 of my quids. :D

I Love it. :o

Soldato
£2k or thereabouts seems about right if it is in tip top nick. They are indeed epic handling bikes. Kawasaki got the front end of these right way back with the ZXR750 J1 and there's little to touch them for front suspension competence even now.

A well ridden ZX7R will run rings around even the latest tackle available on the twisties. I had a ZXR750J1 many years back and have since then had a good few goes on a mates ZX7R which has had a bit of a suspension tune and it's engine breathed on slightly. They are as you quite rightly say, certainly not the quickest or most powerful bikes on the planet but there is still a fair shove of real world grunt. If I recall correctly, dropping the front forks a ring or two makes a fab handling bike even better.

Oh, and IMO they still look stunning on the road. Another thing the Kwacks have always had is their ability to be eye catching. Lots of info to be had online about them :-

http://www.zx7r.co.uk/

Buying guide reprinted from Ride mag :-

http://www.ksrc-au.com/html/tech__help___files.html

Last edited:
Caporegime
i own a zx6 1998 and its fab,so if its anything like that then id go for it,it handles better than my zx10 imo

just a thought are the frames originaly black on those? i thought they were silver? wanna be carefull its not been in a smash ect

£200? im paying £150 on zx10,shop around

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers Draeger the info/links you posted are Superb, Looking around the bike it looked as straight as they come to me & has just been MOT'd & serviced.
I think this is the bike for me I just got to raise a couple of hundred quid more so that my finances are safe.
I've got for sale ads posted everywhere. :p

Associate
Looks good that mate! A mate of mine had one, said it didnt handle so well... if i recall correctly, the brakes may have been seized on a bit... lol.

Looks like with a few people getting new bikes / full licenses etc we may have to organize another bikers meet!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I'm hovering now, I've been down the bank & ordered the money but want to claw in a couple of three hundred quid extra to make things safe. Then I'm sitting here thinking should I go for a cheaper option. :confused:
Decisions decisions. :p

Soldato
I want one of these at some point, love the looks, handling/performance seems great for the roads, there is however one glaring problem with that one...

It's the wrong colour.

Soldato
I'm hovering now, I've been down the bank & ordered the money but want to claw in a couple of three hundred quid extra to make things safe. Then I'm sitting here thinking should I go for a cheaper option. :confused:
Decisions decisions. :p

Just buy it.

You won't ever look back.

Soldato
I'd go further than that - its not just a good price, for its age and condition its a fantastic price. Plus a low mileage, if you have your heart set on a ZX7R then this one would be silly to pass up. You could spend less on a ZX7R but you would be looking at either an older one of the P1's or P2's or possibly a P4 onwards but with a much higher mileage. That's not to say that the engine can't take the miles. They can of course, the units are bombproof if looked after well. There's a P7 in Team Green colours on Biketrader at the moment at £1900 but it's got 39k on the clock.

Bikes are strange purchases - practicality very rarely comes into it. Most guys I know, myself included have bought 99% of their bikes using their heart, not their head. Motorcycling conjures up all sorts of emotive feelings in a rider right from the initial purchase and throughout ownership. Why should that be something you use your head to make a buying decision on?.

Go with your heart. ;)

Soldato
I had a w reg 2000 7r, was a brilliant bike, the weight wasnt really an issue despite me being 5' 7" and 12 stone, manouvering was sometimes a bit tricky, (pushing bike from stop/parking) but they are brillianty responsive, especially if you drop the front end on the forks. pickup is good but they will be outpaced by more modern bikes.

Well worth a go though :D

Picture of mine;

17042010314.jpg

(gone now sadly)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Well last night was like being 10 years old on Xmas eve, I woke up twice & both times it was far to early to get up. :mad:
I've been up an hour now waiting for 8am so I can ring the Dude, I've just got off the phone to him & told him I'll be over half ten elevenish & it's mine as long as I'm over Before 11am. :D
I will be chuffed to bits to get this bike as I didn't have a lot of money to get one & thought I would have to compromise somewhere maybe mileage or age or summit, As it turns out I am 100% happy with this bike & will Love it Long time. :p
I will post more excitement & some pics later on. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom