Watercooling case

Associate
Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong forum, it's kinda hard to decide if this is a watercooling question or a case question!

Anyways here goes: I'm looking to upgrade my system (in sig) to an ivybridge setup. I was thinking of getting the Bitfenix Shinobi XL as I like the clean and simple looks it has. However I also quite like the look of the 800D, as it looks to have very good cable management as well as being able to take both a 360 and 240 rad with ease. Which case would people recommend? If there are any other cases that people would suggest I am still very open to other options!

The system will have a watercooled CPU, 680 and motherboard VRMS (integrated cooling on the maximus v formula... when it's finally released!).

Comments/criticisms/suggestions welcome! ^_^

Soldato
Xigmatek Elysium and the NZXT Switch 810 are the cases you're missing off of your list.

The Shinobi XL is quite a good case for watercooling, but does have limited Rad support. It doesn't do 60mm thick rads, and doesn't really support push/pull.

The 800D is probably the better choice if you can afford it.
The Elysium, is Gigantic.
The Switch 810, if you can get on with the looks of it, then it's absolutely great.

I'd try and find reviews of the Elysium, Switch 810, and Shinobi XL, as they're all good solid options which have been released recently.

Alternatively, if the budget can be stretched slightly, you can cope with the silver internals, and you're willing to do a couple of small mods, the undisputed king of watercooling in my eyes is this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-089-SV&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1092
You might want to get an ETA, but they have a silver version in stock as well.
The number of mods done to a TJ07 to produce absolutely incredible watercooling systems is unbelievable.

kd

Associate
OP
Funny thing is I already have a TJ-07! I suppose the best idea would be to stick with it, but there are a few things I'm not too impressed with, like the lack of any real cable routing options.

In all honesty though you're right. If I stick with what I've got then that's no loss!

Soldato
Haha, yeah, I'd stick with that.

You could look at some mods etc... and look into cutting some cable routing holes, alongside getting rad holders mounted.

To be honest, even if you paid a company to do small things like that (and even paint the internals), it would work out cheaper than the cost of a new case...

kd

Associate
OP
Yeah it's probably for the best then! Might get another case to transfer all my gubbins into to sell on as a new system (shinobi XL to keep costs down most likely).

I'll have a look and see what mods can be done. In all honesty I love what RJK has done with his TJ-07 and maybe I could use some stuff he's done for inspiration ^_^.

Soldato
Soldato
I can't quite remember. They used to have them, but only recently have they brought them back. I believe it comes back partly with Caseking becoming the owners and having a massive array of Case stock, hence the massive expansion in Lian Li and Silverstone cases (amongst others).

kd

Back
Top Bottom