Employer trying to force me out

Associate
You must have an idea what sparked this off, personality clash with the managers?

People can become so twisted once they move up the chain of command, especially in small firms. Become dinosaurs.

Soldato
Whats your job description? If theyre making you things that arent part of it youre entitled not to do them within reason. If you dont have one then you need to get one!

Soldato
Document everything with dates times, names etc....was in similar position 7 years ago and won constructive dismissal with notes as evidence. Took advice through a solicitor whilst taking notes in work to make sure I was covered on that front.

Soldato
Try and get requests for these 'menial tasks' or 'rubbish jobs' in writing if you can, ideally in an email.

Forward the email out from your company account to a personal account, so you have a record of it, and if possible without being seen to do so print it out from the company, and take a copy home and store it as others have suggested.

Don
speak to them and arrange a without prejudice agreement, means you get cash, they get rid of you and they don't have to have a redundancy statistic

I did that, netted me a reasonable sum :)

Soldato
Just sit him down, explain you are both grown men and you understand circumstances change so negotiate a settlement or he can carry on the path he is and suffer a tribunal.

Soldato
they get rid of you and they don't have to have a redundancy statistic

I'm not sure why they haven't gone down that route to be honest, unless they fear that because the owner is having to do the cnc operator job the position isn't actually redundant.

Soldato
While I'm usually one for arguing that it's not always perfect in any job and we all have to do things below our station from time to time, asking a skilled person to sweep the car park is a tad off!

:confused: I have instructed skilled people on triple the minimum wage and up to sweep/clean/paint/etc stuff in and around the company HQ when the is no normal work for them to do and they haven't complained they have just got on with it...

Man of Honour
OP
:confused: I have instructed skilled people on triple the minimum wage and up to sweep/clean/paint/etc stuff in and around the company HQ when the is no normal work for them to do and they haven't complained they have just got on with it...

There was CNC work to be doing at the time in question though as well as it raining and not supplying waterproof clothing.

Tis a good point matey, might be a small company with little understanding of employment law?

Without mentioning names its not a small company. We manufacture air filters for some rather large Bus and train companies as well as for fast road and competition use on cars bikes etc.

Soldato

exactly what i was thinking. if buisness is quiet then buisness is quiet.

id much rather sweep the car park than be jobless

speak to the highest in command if you think you are being discriminated against. they have to look into it and they cant hold it against you

Associate
Which is another point, who here would actually pursue a legal route if you thought it valid to do so, you would pretty much become the bad guy and you could forget about ever staying there. Would you do that, i'm not sure i would, but you have to protect your integrity.

Associate
I used to clean the shop floor when i worked in a factory when production was low.
I just got on with it but the team leader was a right ..... And used to try and look down apon me while i was doing it, you know the type. "you missed a spot, should i get you a hairnet, blah blah". When the redundancies came, he received his notice and i didnt. Im smiling right now just remembering this haha.

Back
Top Bottom