*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't really get how they plan to make boss runs a thing of the past without essentially making boss drops the same as any generic unique foe. Either way it would just shift from boss runs to the highest mob concentrations instead.

Associate
I don't really get how they plan to make boss runs a thing of the past without essentially making boss drops the same as any generic unique foe. Either way it would just shift from boss runs to the highest mob concentrations instead.

Which is what I think they have done. I remember hearing that you can get some of the better items from champion packs on the higher difficulties

Associate
I used to do Andy, meph, pindle then shenk in that order. Over and over and over :)) on my hardcore sorc.

I loved doing mf runs, such a rush when a unique shako dropped or a monarch :D

Andy dropped so many unique rings and ammys!

Last edited:
Soldato
i wonder who will be the meph of d3.

i remember geting on and doing just meph runs for hours and hours.

When you kill a boss for the first time, it gives you a decent drop (you may have noticed, if you played beta, killing Leoric for the first time generally dropped a yellow, but subsequent kills would only give blues).

Blizzard wanted to take out the whole farming one boss over and over part of things.

Instead, they have said farming groups of champions will be more fruitful. My guess is most groups of mobs will be champion in hell/inferno, so farming should be very straight forward!

Caporegime

from all the dev diaries, I came to the conclusion that the best item in the game has a chance of dropping from a pile of stones...
Pretty much this.

Caporegime
The simplest form of gold grinding for example will be doing 4 player coop and running dungeons over and over rather than bosses, because the gold/item drops are boosted for more players.

Soldato
I think you can still do boss runs but they have designed the game to create incentive against just doing boss runs over and over.

If everything above is correct then I doubt it. The route to bosses is generally quite long and the bosses themselves take a while (you would imagine). Ok so you'll probably have some guaranteed champion monsters on the way similar to Diablo and Baal but they might have done that differently also.

It'll just come down to doing regular runs in areas your character can find particularly easy or where there's the largest concentration of mobs for more champions.

Permabanned
As soon as the game's been out for a week or so there'll be a few guides on Community sites of where's best to find a high concentration of mobs.

Soldato
from all the dev diaries, I came to the conclusion that the best item in the game has a chance of dropping from a pile of stones...

It'll be champions and elites that yield the very best under normal circumstances. Stones and general mobs will be very low chance of good stuff. :p

Once you hit 60 (I think) you can get the Naphelem valor buff from champions and elites, you'll be able to stack it to get huge MF, to bring the boss loot up into being worth it. the best way to get gear will be to search the area leading up to a boss, get maximum stacks of NV, then hit the boss.

There's a thread on NV on one of the fan sites that had interviews and info about it. A link has been posted in this thread previously.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It'll be champions and rares that yield the best at high level. Stones and general mobs will be very low chance. :p

im sure i saw a dev video where they stated super rares (sets and uniques) have as much chance to drop from a stash, stone, mob or chest as anything else.

sure you will get better drops from bosses at high level but the extreamly rare stuff is supposed to drop on anything randomly so you cant farm a specific spawn to get a specific item.

Soldato
Is someone going to set up guild or something? I never played D2, and would really appreciate help from more expereinced members helping me spec up / knowing what weapons & stuff to use.

Need to get a mic as well, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom