**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
Any one using an mSATA drive on their board? I have a 30gb drive installed but waiting for a new cpu before I can use it. I'm unsure if I need to do anything before installing windows. I've seen some reports that to use mSATA as a cache drive you need to turn raid on (but does that mean you set up a raid array or just leave it on) and another UD5 review said you didn't need to do anything just install the drive.

Anyone know before I install windows next week?

Associate
Any one using an mSATA drive on their board? I have a 30gb drive installed but waiting for a new cpu before I can use it. I'm unsure if I need to do anything before installing windows. I've seen some reports that to use mSATA as a cache drive you need to turn raid on (but does that mean you set up a raid array or just leave it on) and another UD5 review said you didn't need to do anything just install the drive.

Anyone know before I install windows next week?

**edit wrong informationwas here**
then install intel rapid storage technology then just set it up for a cache drive

Last edited:
Soldato
Please tell me to buy this board instead of the p8z77-v pro? :) I'm torn between the two. Currently have a p55a-ud7 and love gigabytes build quality, but the last sandy board I had was the P8P67 pro.

Soldato
Like this motherboard, like it a lot - it's solid but with the following caveats.

- odd rotated 8 pin

- only 3 real usable case fans assuming we use 2 for the cpu, I'm gearing towards all good motherboards having a 4+2 fan configuration

- 1.5V memory limit (surely we can overclock above that?)

Associate
Like this motherboard, like it a lot - it's solid but with the following caveats.

- odd rotated 8 pin

- only 3 real usable case fans assuming we use 2 for the cpu, I'm gearing towards all good motherboards having a 4+2 fan configuration

- 1.5V memory limit (surely we can overclock above that?)

i think its under advance voltage settings then dram voltage control

Associate
hi guys :)
just upgrade to UD5H love the board much faster in booting than asus p8p67, i have x2 GTX680 in 3Dmark11 score was x6150 now my score x5950 with new board ! did i miss something in bios setting ? my system is:

i7 [email protected] 1.335v
16GB corsair dominator xmp profile 1.65v
x2 asus gtx 680
intel 520 ssd 240gb

Last edited:
Soldato
Iv tried each way , with both the card connected and the MB only , and each separate , the only thing I have succeed in is making the onboard graphics as the auto choice . Still not the end of the world , for an otherwise great board , this is just a software issue , though two days of , off n on fiddling in spare time , is getting on me T*ts a bit lol

Mine will not boot (well show a screen - I can hear Windows 7 load) with my 6950 plugged in, its driving me crazy...

Soldato
Tried loads of different settings and combo's it's (so far) having none of it...I've now got it to Boot with my 6950 in the motherboard (but plugged into nothing), Lucid installed but won't run, it looks like the Graphics Card is not been used at all at the moment...

Caporegime
Tried loads of different settings and combo's it's (so far) having none of it...I've now got it to Boot with my 6950 in the motherboard (but plugged into nothing), Lucid installed but won't run, it looks like the Graphics Card is not been used at all at the moment...

Can you get into the BIOS? or is that even not shown?

Back
Top Bottom