**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Done the above and I can now no lover log into.windows, I get stuck on the loading screen, although I can.hear that Windows has loaded, I enter my password and again I can hear that Windows has logged on, I am however still looking at the loading sceen! The GPU has no output....think I'll have to physically remove the 6950 to resolve, getting fed up now...

Hi mate, I am having the exact same problem as you. I am starting to think that the quality of these boards are not to scratch or they were rushed to market. My graphics card is a 7970 and I also can not boot into the bios. But I can when I insert a 8600gt in the pci slot. Im really not sure what to do??

Soldato
OP
smithy83 said:
f7 update was ''Improve USB compatibility'
Nelly said:
Sorted, hopefully this will fix my updating the bios with Q Flash, have to use the USB ports at the back of the motherboard.

I cannot use front USB also I have to remove my G500 mouse so that it recognises my various USB sticks, Windows 7 the USB ports run fine.
Just to confirm, I can now use the front USB ports on my Corsair 650D case to update the Bios now, the USB sticks shows up in Q Flash now after updating to F7 Bios. :) :)

Soldato
Hi mate, I am having the exact same problem as you. I am starting to think that the quality of these boards are not to scratch or they were rushed to market. My graphics card is a 7970 and I also can not boot into the bios. But I can when I insert a 8600gt in the pci slot. Im really not sure what to do??

I’ve now got mine to boot into Windows, I think the trick is to have a monitor plugged into both the GPU and the onboard, I’ve got the BIOS to display onboard first and the onboard enabled (the BIOS is displayed only in the Monitor plugged into the motherboard), Windows 7 is only displayed on the monitor plugged into the GPU, this is set up in Windows, I’m still trying to get Virtu Lucid to work via onboard, but I’ve get it to work via GPU.

I think the software is a mess at the moment and having two monitors plugged in is a huge help. I’ve had a good 12 hours messing around (and getting nowhere) before I plugged in two monitors.

Soldato
Here is my problem with the 7970 plugged in.

As you can see, this blue screen appears and it wont display anything else. And it also wont let me into the bios in any shape or form.

Mine was the same, have you got another monitor you can use? Have something in the onboard and the 7970? Thats the only way i got it to work. I still get no BIOS screen from my 6950, but the motherboad shows the BIOS.

Soldato
Hi guys bit of a problem!! :(

Today I upgraded mem 16gb Corsair Vengeance Blue, z77-ud5, psu 750w ocz zt, antec kuhler with push pull config(had to do a hack job with the kuhler:p ), i5 2500k and 5x akasa apache pwm 120mm fans.

What a *****ing job 6 hours!!! I aint done a full build for myself in 4 years, you know that old chestnut the q6600 best cpu I ever had in 15 years of building. Well it seams i lost my touch!!! Fingers feel fat, I shake (alcohol :rolleyes:) can not see too well, am rubbish at the small stuff. BUT I got there !!! :D

All system fans work except 1 the mid front one P190 case it just twitches!!
All the others work fine except system 1 fan it just twitches.

I have changed to pwm in bios but no luck the fans not faulty as it works in other system fan numbers 2-4 but 1 it just twitches!! :confused:

Any ideas!!!!

Foot note
What a board flick of a switch 4.5ghz vcore 1.2, 52c stable.
Me thinks 5ghz be possible, ITCHY PRAYS FOR A GOLDEN CHIP!!! :D

Last edited:
Associate
As my ud5h is still in the box, can someone have a go at explaining LucidMVP to me, as far as I know its a program that does something with the CPU and GPU. Does it come with the mobo?, i tried reading their webpage but got confused even further :confused:

Associate
As my ud5h is still in the box, can someone have a go at explaining LucidMVP to me, as far as I know its a program that does something with the CPU and GPU. Does it come with the mobo?, i tried reading their webpage but got confused even further :confused:

it lets you use your graphics card as well as the integrated gpu on the cpu

so you can use intel quick sync for converting videos

mvp also lets you a little boost to your graphics as games can use you gpu and cpu gpu

6995395402_646602c01a_z.jpg

Associate
@ Stulid

I am installing my Mobo.

Did you use the pads on the base of the Kuhler 920? I am finding it a bit of a squeeze putting the base on.

Edit: Managed to get it on :p

I left the plastic strip on the pads. So if i had to take it off it would be easy.

Should i just use the sticky part of the pads or am i ok?

Last edited:
Caporegime
@ Stulid

I am installing my Mobo.

Did you use the pads on the base of the Kuhler 920? I am finding it a bit of a squeeze putting the base on.

Edit: Managed to get it on :p

I left the plastic strip on the pads. So if i had to take it off it would be easy.

Should i just use the sticky part of the pads or am i ok?

I left the plastic on too.

Soldato
I took the plastic off, the sticky pads for the backing plate on the khuler do you mean?

Anyone found out what the plastic ring is you get with the khuler I could find no use whatsoever and it didnt even show in the instructions!! :confused:

Oh yes had a little pop at overclocking today the board is great am at 4.5ghz, 1.3v stable, cpu temps under prime 60c after 15min. Thats with a sandy i2500k,
ivy just did not appeal to me at all with the thermal issues.

I am editing to death because another thing its has NO Ps/2 port so am typing an some dell rubbish thats usb!!!

Last edited:
Associate
One more question!

Each corner has two holes. Do i use the furthest out hole or the closer to the cpu holes if it makes sense?

The locking clips face in?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom