ZX750 P4 Gossip/prices/thoughts Pics inc.

Soldato
I used to own a zxr750 J1 model.

Loved it. It was old and battered but was the most fun bike i've had.

The J1 was restricted to around 100bhp, though 112bhp was easy to achieve.

On tours I would regularly get around 200miles a tank too.

The later models were faster, but also quite a bit heavier and worse on fuel.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Just got back after a 5 hour session training, Was a lot better today as it weren't as long as yesterday & the weather was nice.
The ear piece thing was a pain after a couple of hours but as we went to the off road test course there was plenty of opportunity to keep getting my lid off & relieving the ear ache.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Well if he gets me through my test first time then Yes he is a Legend. :p

For truth though mate I do know how a few other instructors go about there lessons & Steves method to me gives you the best chance of passing especially as he makes a point of taking you to the Mod 1 place to practice on the actual course. Other instructors have there own course made up on private land but in my opinion actually seeing the Real course & having access to it to practice has got to be better.
Also don't take this the wrong way but there's not much sociable **** going on, I don't mean he is ignorant far from it but he doesn't waste any time on rubbish & just hammers away at what you need to get up to test standard.

Associate
WFor truth though mate I do know how a few other instructors go about there lessons & Steves method to me gives you the best chance of passing especially as he makes a point of taking you to the Mod 1 place to practice on the actual course. Other instructors have there own course made up on private land but in my opinion actually seeing the Real course & having access to it to practice has got to be better.

I did my lessons with Ian at Absolute Rider Training in Royston and he took me to the actual test centre for mod 1 practice. You feel so much more comfortable on a course you know. Ended up with 0 minors on the mod 1. :)

Soldato
I remember thinking to myself at the time that the DAS sessions were really hard, and I was exhausted at the end of them. It also made me question if I would actually get to a standard to pass the test or whether I was actually going to enjoy biking. Then on day 3 or 4 it all seemed to click. It was still exhausting, but it made sense. Then the ride home after passing my test was amazing. The pressure was entirely lifted and it was an amazingly enjoyable ride.

Stick with it, you'll get there.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
You can't beat going to the actual test centre & having half a dozen goes, Anybody considering lessons should only go with an instructor that uses there local test course to practice.
There is one instructor I know of that doesn't even ride with you to the centre & takes only 1 bike & you have to meet him at the centre just before your test, No time on the bike just before the test & no trys on the test course in the days leading up to it. :(
Like I said before other instructors make an exact course up on private land but that's still not the same as going to the course as the course is enclosed in a Massive fence all the way round.

So anybody reading this in view of taking the test remember make sure the instructor you choose uses the local test course to practise & gives you time on the bike in the hour or 2 leading up to your test. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I remember thinking to myself at the time that the DAS sessions were really hard, and I was exhausted at the end of them.

I didn't think the DAS was hard it was just the first day 6-7 hours riding in the rain & my helmet hurting after about 4 hours that ****** me off.
I used a different helmet yesterday & wore another set of glasses I have with thinner ear bits.

Doing the DAS isn't hard at all if you pick the right instructor, The Dude I have has taken me through everything enough times to have gotten rid of that fear of the unknown, Unfortunetly he couldn't fix the weather even though I'd slung him 500 quid. :p

Associate
Doing the DAS isn't hard at all if you pick the right instructor, The Dude I have has taken me through everything enough times to have gotten rid of that fear of the unknown, Unfortunetly he couldn't fix the weather even though I'd slung him 500 quid. :p

When I did my mod 2, it started spitting with rain just as I was pulling back into the test centre. Dodged a bullet there!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Well after this week I've pretty much accepted that it will rain when I do my 1 & 2, I've just told myself that other people have passed in the rain so I should be able to, S'pose it'll depend on the day & whether I get lucky or not. At least with the instructor I have I know I've given myself the best chance.
The rain can "Officially" **** right off though. :mad: + :p

Associate
Well after this week I've pretty much accepted that it will rain when I do my 1 & 2, I've just told myself that other people have passed in the rain so I should be able to, S'pose it'll depend on the day & whether I get lucky or not. At least with the instructor I have I know I've given myself the best chance.
The rain can "Officially" **** right off though. :mad: + :p

You'll be fine I'm sure. The rain will only be a minor annoyance.

Associate
Well if he gets me through my test first time then Yes he is a Legend. :p

For truth though mate I do know how a few other instructors go about there lessons & Steves method to me gives you the best chance of passing especially as he makes a point of taking you to the Mod 1 place to practice on the actual course. Other instructors have there own course made up on private land but in my opinion actually seeing the Real course & having access to it to practice has got to be better.
Also don't take this the wrong way but there's not much sociable **** going on, I don't mean he is ignorant far from it but he doesn't waste any time on rubbish & just hammers away at what you need to get up to test standard.

Yeh I had a go on the mod 1 course before my test (just to mess around I did my test before mod1 and 2 were introduced.

He doesnt seem very sociable but hes honest and gets the job done! If your riding **** then he will tell you so, I got shouted at a few times down the headset hah!

Back
Top Bottom