• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My fx8120 @ 4.8Ghz

Associate
Hi here is test @4.8Ghz,room temp was 20c screenshop show x260fhd and hwmonitor temps

newpicture15s.png

By thetazs at 2012-05-04

newpicture16x.png

By thetazs at 2012-05-04

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Now show us it running a proper stress test.
Nothing too difficult just IBT on very high for 20 runs
Post a screenie with IBT running during the 19th run with hwmonitor and CPUz visible.

Soldato
Now show us it running a proper stress test.
Nothing too difficult just IBT on very high for 20 runs
Post a screenie with IBT running during the 19th run with hwmonitor and CPUz visible.

+1

temperatures could be very high maybe op running it under water

Caporegime
AMD just use a random number generator as temperature sensor. :p

I would get same temps on air as water, weird.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
why run IBT which i think is a pointless program which is designed to stress all cores on my processor to 100% maximum, when in everyday programing or gaming i don't think there is anything that i use day to day that will stress all 8 cores to the maximum.

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
You are the one that posted your overclock.
Are you now saying it isn't stable ?

Perhaps i should overclock my FX8150 to 5Ghz and post a screenie of it running notepad.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
why run IBT which i think is a pointless program which is designed to stress all cores on my processor to 100% maximum, when in everyday programing or gaming i don't think there is anything that i use day to day that will stress all 8 cores to the maximum.

Because if it can't run full load without falling over then it isn't stable. Simple as that.

It's either stable, or it isn't, there is no middle ground.

If it can't run full load stable, then there's nothing to say it couldn't just fail at any point, even under low load. It just takes one of the cores to make a single boo boo in the millions of operations its doing and bam BSOD/game lockup/failed encode whatever.

Soldato
There is no need to do 20 runs of IBT to prove stability. If you are doing fast encodes successfully and over a significant length of time this is proof of the oerclock IMO. I know of many people running 2700 overclocks that are not prime stable for 20 minutes and that still game for hours with no glitch. Use the computer for its tasks, not burn in testing ad infinitum.

Back
Top Bottom