**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Soldato
NOTE: Those with cases which have 14cm exhaust fans will require an adapter unless the case supports both sizes.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1218/pg7/corsair-h80-vs-antec-kuhler-h2o-920-review-installation-antec-920.html

Is that what you mean itchy?

I do not seem to have got one of those though

Jesus no m8 lol my sandy would be fried by now!! :p

No it was some plastic ring I thought hid the notches on the main ring plate, stretched it over, tried everything but the heat pipes on the cpu kept blocking so the pliers come out and off it went!!!!:) OMG this keyboard1!!

Soldato
OP
Okay got a few new drivers that can be downloaded and installed, see below. :)

Download Latest Drivers: Win7 64bit >> 4th May 2012 - will be done every two weeks.

Package Contents:

• 3DPower vB12.0406.2 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Atheros LAN Driver v2.0.14.15 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Atheros LAN Optimizer v1.0.0.32
  • Easytune6 B12.0424.1 *NEW* >> Click Here NOTE: Please remove current / earlier version of EasyTune6 before install this.
  • GIGABYTE TweakLauncher B12.0426.1 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel LAN Driver v17.0 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel ME Driver v8.0.0.1351
  • Intel PCH Driver v9.3.0.1019
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.4.225 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel VGA Driver v15.26.8.64.2696 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Realtek v5.10.0.6554
  • Intel RST v11.0.0.1032
  • Lucidlogix VIRTU MVP v2.1.112

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay got a few new drivers that can be downloaded and installed, see below. :)

Download Latest Drivers: Win7 64bit >> 4th May 2012 - will be done every two weeks.

Package Contents:

• 3DPower vB12.0406.2 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Atheros LAN Driver v2.0.14.15 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Atheros LAN Optimizer v1.0.0.32
  • Easytune6 B12.0424.1 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • GIGABYTE TweakLauncher B12.0426.1 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel LAN Driver v17.0 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel ME Driver v8.0.0.1351
  • Intel PCH Driver v9.3.0.1019
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.4.225 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel VGA Driver v15.26.8.64.2696 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Realtek v5.10.0.6554
  • Intel RST v11.0.0.1032
  • Lucidlogix VIRTU MVP v2.1.112

Good work, cheers!

Associate
Yes M8, F8a makes my G510 keyboard work :)

Does anyone know where you can get the front pannel adapter for the usb3 adapter thingy, The pannel with a hole in the middle. I have a 600T case. I have been all over the gigabyte website, Can't find anything???.

Thanks for listing all those drivers.

Very impressed with this chip and what a awesome MB.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes M8, F8a makes my G510 keyboard work :)

Does anyone know where you can get the front pannel adapter for the usb3 adapter thingy, The pannel with a hole in the middle. I have a 600T case. I have been all over the gigabyte website, Can't find anything???.

Assuming its for the floppy bay can try searching for 3"1/2 bay adapter on google.

Associate
The Kulher 620 is a bit of a faf. I took the tape off the sticky pads and stuck it to the mobo as I expect the sticky will perish soon due to the heat. One thing I noticed is that the plastic backing plate goes on at an angle to the mobo. The only way it fits on, but it looks disconcerting.

I watched a couple of videos about fitting the unit, but they've changed the design of the locking ring since those and even the sequence for attaching. It took some figuring out before I finally got it seated. Works nicely however (nice and quite with one less fan). I just need to make a decision on whether I really need my top fan blowing into the case (push-pull system) or just leave it as is. Any thoughts?

Lastly, I also found the extra plastic ring was useless.

The USB3 front panel is useless as it doesn't fit in any way into my Antec case. Will have to buy a new one.

I was impressed with turning the system on, choosing defaults (F6) and found it was in turbo mode and already running at 3.8GHz. Bodes well for a 24/7 4.0 or 4.2 GHz O/C

Soldato
The kulher was a bit of a pain to fit, the instructions were rubbish.
If you do use the sticky pads on the backplate it makes the backplate a pita to remove!

Soldato
I agree the instructions are usless, but i found if you look closely you can see
the cpu socket numbers for the metal inserts on the back plate, that helped me. ;)

USB front bay thing usless I have a p190 case and no way in the world i could fit it! :rolleyes:

But they do the job very well and quietly so besides the pain of fitting it
I would say a very good cooler for free!! :D

Associate
I have just installed a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with Ivy 3.5 3770K and the 16GB Samsung RAM from OC. However, on booting I get the Error 51 and the endless beeping = Memory
Ultimately I find that I can only use the 2 RAM slots furthest from the CPU . The 2 RAM slots nearest the CPU would appear Kaput. I have installed Windows 7 on a sata HD which appears to work ok.
Is this a return to sender Job?
Advice gratefully received!

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you have definitely tried everything you can think of, flip the BIOS switch.

Power up without RAM, power off, add a single stick in the slot furthest away and then keep moving it closer to the cpu, power off and on in between.

Try all combinations of RAM sticks in different slots in case one of the RAM sticks is faulty.

Flash the BIOS to F6 official, or try a later Beta BIOS.

Then its a RMA job.

Associate
Finally got the build done. I am a nervous builder but i got there in the end.

No issues and just played some BF3. Some difference coming from a q6600 / GTX 480 / Mechanical drive.

One question though: is A0 the "all is good" readout on the LCD.

on my 680i it was FF.

Soldato
OP
Well I doubt many use Gigabyte Easytune, but if you update to a newer version - make sure you uninstall the previous version, otherwise it messes up and you cannot install or unistall Easytune at all if you tried overwriting.

I ended up taking drastic measures lol :rolleyes: reinstalling windows! crapcleaner etc didn't make any difference taking the files out of registry.

EDIT: Just looked at the LED - A0 also. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
A0 for me also!! ;)

means IDE initialization is started according to manual!

To the person having trouble with the memory, did you load optimal defaults into bios when you very 1st booted after the build?

If not then try that.

Associate
Anyone found a workaround this please:

I have the hazro plugged into the 580 which is all good, However to get the TV in the next room to work with the onboard gpu so i can watch my rips (This also puts the 580 in idle apart from when i game) which is exactly what i wanted, I have to set it to IGFX on the motherboard.
However when i set it to that and want to go into the bios, The screen comes up on my TV in the other room with the IGFX setting which is AGRO, Take the keyboard in there and mess about. If i want to see the bios on my pc i have to put it back to PEG restart, then its back on my monitor.
This might seem a little lazy, Anyone else got this setup, Where you are using the onboard for TV, and your proper GFX card for gaming?, Any work wround i missed?.
Cheers.
Hope i made sense, It does happen :)

Back
Top Bottom