**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Caporegime
Anyone found a workaround this please:

I have the hazro plugged into the 580 which is all good, However to get the TV in the next room to work with the onboard gpu so i can watch my rips (This also puts the 580 in idle apart from when i game) which is exactly what i wanted, I have to set it to IGFX on the motherboard.
However when i set it to that and want to go into the bios, The screen comes up on my TV in the other room with the IGFX setting which is AGRO, Take the keyboard in there and mess about. If i want to see the bios on my pc i have to put it back to PEG restart, then its back on my monitor.
This might seem a little lazy, Anyone else got this setup, Where you are using the onboard for TV, and your proper GFX card for gaming?, Any work wround i missed?.
Cheers.
Hope i made sense, It does happen :)

Set IGP to enabled and first device as PEG?

Associate
I have just installed a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with Ivy 3.5 3770K and the 16GB Samsung RAM from OC. However, on booting I get the Error 51 and the endless beeping = Memory
Ultimately I find that I can only use the 2 RAM slots furthest from the CPU . The 2 RAM slots nearest the CPU would appear Kaput. I have installed Windows 7 on a sata HD which appears to work ok.
Is this a return to sender Job?
Advice gratefully received!

Errrmmm have you read the manual, page 16?

If you have two RAM modules, you put them in slots 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. Look at the diagram and associated table carefully. You do NOT place them together next to each other.

Associate

If you have two RAM modules, you put them in slots 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. Look at the diagram and associated table carefully. You do NOT place them together next to each other.
Thanks again Stulid
Thanks but have checked every which way (4X4GB of Ram)
Now where is that serial number? Not, it appears on the box - maybee on the back of the MB. I believe that the 4 digits after the SN are the year and week of build?

Soldato
I was running a casual 4.2 overclock but decided to try the Gigabyte Auto Tune after having a few vodkas tonight :D

It rebooted a couple of times, but ended up taking my CPU to 4.9Ghz on 1.32v but also decided to take the 680 up to 1600 according to the bios (F6)

Ran a few tests and it ran stable, but decided to back the cores of to 4.8

What a fantastic board where you can keep pretty much everything bar multi and ofset on Auto and get a pretty damn good OC :)

Soldato
Another thing that I didnt know until I "Auto Overclocked"

I thought to have the VID reduce down that you had to have the Vcore on AUTO.

But ive since found out that VID Normal + Offset still allows the VID to drop to 0.97

Associate
Look on the 24pin ATX connector.

Quite correct and not immediately noticeable very inconvenient as they are on the outside of the MB and that is too near the case to be easily read - so off with the front of the case and looking thru the DVD burner entrances with magnifying glass held on the inside of the case
Thanks yet again
Now if you have a minute just Pm me the euro lottery numbers for Tuesday!

Associate

That's not quite true. If you look on page 16 of the manual, it tells you that the RAM has to go in slots 1&3 for channel B and 2&4 if you want channel A.

Unless something is seriously screwy (or I'm completely wrong :o) you should place them next to each other.

Associate
Has anyone upped the onboard memory for the onboard IGFX.

Default is 64M, But can be upped to 1024M, I take it this uses your ram?.

Cheers

Associate
That's not quite true. If you look on page 16 of the manual, it tells you that the RAM has to go in slots 1&3 for channel B and 2&4 if you want channel A.

Unless something is seriously screwy (or I'm completely wrong :o) you should place them next to each other.

With all due respect, I think you're completely wrong here.

Indeed sockets 1 & 3 are Channel B and sockets 2 & 4 are Channel A. Please consider what "dual channel RAM means". Furthermore, if you then look at the table, it clearly tells you to place RAM into slots 1 & 2 or slots 3 & 4; Reference the slots to the diagram. Lastly the final sentence is, "For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets." Again, if you reference this to the diagram, this means they are NOT next to each other.

Looks fairly fool proof to me.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys, just a bit of info for you. When I first built my system with this motherboard it ran fine the first day but after general use windows 7 would freeze up on me when doing nothing taxing just browsing the web etc. This is the thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18400149

Anyway to cut a long story short tried everything but I foolishly thought i had bios version 6 pre installed on the motherboard, and as i thought I had the most upto date bios version I didnt want to try and beta versions. It turns out i had bios version 4 installed (i need some glasses because im sure i seen version 6 bios when i went into system information LOL). Since upgrading to version 6 I have had no windows 7 freezes! 24 hours of use and not one glitch! Fingers crossed it stays like this. So keep this in mind if you have freeze issues like me.

Associate
With all due respect, I think you're completely wrong here.

Indeed sockets 1 & 3 are Channel B and sockets 2 & 4 are Channel A. Please consider what "dual channel RAM means". Furthermore, if you then look at the table, it clearly tells you to place RAM into slots 1 & 2 or slots 3 & 4; Reference the slots to the diagram. Lastly the final sentence is, "For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets." Again, if you reference this to the diagram, this means they are NOT next to each other.

Looks fairly fool proof to me.

You sir, are indeed correct. I had wondered why it looked like the manual was telling me to pair them up when I'd never done that on my old system, but I guess I was a bit too nervous about using up to date tech for the first time in ages to question it :o

Cheers Bottle!

Associate
NP scritchyrat. I had watched a few videos about setting up the Antec khuler and in one of them you'll notice the RAM next to each other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbNKNkLxCpk

That subliminarily settled in my mind, so when I came to set up my RAM I had to read page 16 quite closely as it seemed to be telling me the opposite.

I wonder how many others systems are set up incorrectly?

Back
Top Bottom