Volvo C30 T5

Caporegime
I know, I know, I've only had my car a year.

But I been looking, so when the right car come along I have done my research at least. No harm to look really and keeping an eye on Autotrader for the right car at the right price. Basically the Volvo C30 T5 and BMW 125i.

Not found anything of the 125i in the price I want but I just saw this pop up in Autotrader yesterday.

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...11hb/radius/1500/page/2/keywords/t5?logcode=p

http://www.engagegear.co.uk/detail.php?id=86&name=Volvo C30 T5 R design Sport - Volvo warranty

It has cruise, xenons, full leather, R-design bodykit, upgraded Audio, parking sensors, full service history and even extended Volvo warranty (bonus).

Ticks all the boxes, but what are you guy's general consensus of the C30? Apart from its small boot. Anyone has one and although I've seen photos, it is hard to say how much I can put in there. Can you get one of those big suitcase for flights in there?

Associate
I am on my second C30, and you will not get more than one large suitcase in the boot, to get anymore in the boot you need to leave the parcel shelf out.
They are very thirsty on petrol, but I enjoy driving it.
Not ever having owned a beemer I cannot compare them.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I like the C30, I think it's very cool, especially with the right interior. When compared to other fwd cars, the only reason I'd say no would be because you either need more space or rear doors.
However, it IS just another fwd hot hatch in a nice dress. If you genuinely want something different, there's just no substitute for driving the correct set of wheels, which unfortunately means coughing up more spondoolies. (I'll put my flameproof suit on now for when the Type-R owners want to comment).

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21856739 said:
I think I'd rather buy a Golf GTI to be honest.

As would I, but when I was looking for a quick/hot hatch for someone earlier in the year I was amazed at how expensive they are compared to everything else.

Maybe I just picked a bad month or we were after a high spec or something but I'm talking about an 18month old Golf GTi for £27k :eek:

Soldato
As would I, but when I was looking for a quick/hot hatch for someone earlier in the year I was amazed at how expensive they are compared to everything else.

Maybe I just picked a bad month or we were after a high spec or something but I'm talking about an 18month old Golf GTi for £27k :eek:

You can get the MK5 GTI for around 8K now which to all intents and purposes is the same as the MK6.

Soldato
You can get the MK5 GTI for around 8K now which to all intents and purposes is the same as the MK6.

True as that may be, the person I was shopping for/with didn't want an 'old' model and didn't want an old or high mileage car. I'm sure 99% of women have the same buying criteria and a high percentage of lads.

The conclusion we came to at the end was the 2.0T Audi A3 with better spec than the Golf GTi was much cheaper.

Caporegime
OP
I just can't warm to the Golf GTi, both interior and exterior. The exterior is ok, interior however is very very bland and some come with that fugly chequered cloth trim thing that I see on a lot of the cars on Autotrader. I am not keen on the centre dash either, plus they seem to be more expensive than the C30, for £12,500 you get a 2008 car. Where the above C30 is 10% less.

On the plus side, extra room in the boot is a good thing.

May be I should just save and save and snap up the right 125i when it comes along, I mean that is what I really want at the end of the day?

Man of Honour
To be fair though it's not as if the interior in the C30 is a work of art, is it?

You also said you'd prefer a 125i - good though as it is the interior in the 1 Series is also quite poor, so to reject the Golf based on interior when you'd like a 1 Series does seem a bit odd.

Caporegime
OP
[TW]Fox;21858551 said:
To be fair though it's not as if the interior in the C30 is a work of art, is it?

You also said you'd prefer a 125i - good though as it is the interior in the 1 Series is also quite poor, so to reject the Golf based on interior when you'd like a 1 Series does seem a bit odd.

The 1 series with white leather with wood trim looks amazing I think! The interior of the Golf just reminds me of an Astra? Urgh.

Back
Top Bottom