Favorite component brands?

Wise Guy
Soldato
If you were limited to only buying 1 specific brand of each component for the rest of your life which would it be?

My go-to brands that I tend to stick with:

Cooler Master
Seasonic
Asus
Intel
Samsung
WD

Soldato
My current PC is most Corsair/Asus products.

I guess I'd go for:
Case: Lian Li/Silverstone
PSU: Corsair/Seasonic/Silverstone
Sound Card: Asus
SSD: Intel
CPU: Intel
CPU Cooler: Noctua for Air, EK for Water
GPU: MSI/EVGA
WC for GPU: AquaComputer
HDD: WD
RAM: Corsair
Mobo: This is a horrible one, I like to pick my Mobo's based on Colour, but if I had to pick one I'd probably choose Asus.
Cooling: Noctua

Oh, and for peripherals, Logitech.

Also, it's favourite.

kd

Soldato
Usually I look at all the different options and judge them on their merits - but if I had to jump-in to buy some new parts with no prior knowledge then based on previous experience and reputation I would pick the following:

Monitors: Dell - I've had many Dell monitors, they have all been great and the warranty service is excellent
SSD: Crucial (though intel would be a close second) - they are fast, reliable and good value
PSU: Corsair - they use a lot of different OEMs for their supplies (including Seasonic and CWT) and they pretty much always come up with units that are great quality, good value and covered by a good warranty
Motherboard: Gigabyte (though MSI is a close second) - nice quality components, good features and good warranty service
Memory: Corsair - This one is less of a strong one - since other brands are great too - but corsair's kits do look nice and their warranty is good
CPU cooler: Thermalright - My first one was a TRUE, I installed a TRad GPU cooler and recently used a silver arrow, all have been great quality and provided excellent cooling
Graphics card: Gigabyte - Same reasons as the motherboard
Headphones: Sennheiser - Excellent sound quality, and they are built to last
Mouse: Logitech - Great quality mice, comfortable to use and logitechs customer service are fantastic
CPU: Intel - based on their performance the last few generations)

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Personally I nearly always go for an ASUS or a Gigabyte motherboard

For a CPU cooler I must say my Corsair H50 is a brilliant product!

Back
Top Bottom