Favorite component brands?

Associate
Gigabyte, everything I have had off them has been rock stable never any issues, never had to RMA.

Corsair, service is great but had a few products go wrong, still top notch.

Oh and Intel, miles ahead of AMD since 939 in stability... In my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
Case: Lian Li
PSU: Enermax
Sound Card: Asus
SSD: Samsung
CPU: Intel
CPU Cooler: Thermalright/Noctua/Alpenfohn
GPU: ASUS/MSI
HDD: Samsung
RAM: Not partial to any particular brand
Mobo: ASUS
Monitor: Dell
Peripherals: Logitech/Razer

Associate
CPU:AMD (can't beat their pricing )
GPU:Nvidia (asus kind)
Mobo:got an asrock but probably also asus
HDD:maxxtor/seagate
SSD:no thanks!
PSU: budget (CiT) expensive (antec)
Case:Zalman? But lots of cases are nice
Monitor:hannspree
RAM:AMD (they make ram too!)
Peripherals:TP-link/ any comfortable mouse/keyboard
Sound:x-fi / plantronics (good and well priced headsets)

Associate
Case: Corsair
PSU: Corsair
Sound Card: Asus
SSD: Corsair
CPU: Intel
GPU: EVGA
HDD: WD
RAM: Corsair
Mobo: Asus
Cooling: Noctua
Peripherals: Logitech

Not necessarily because they're the best now, but in ten or twenty years I know all the above brands will still be making quality products.

Soldato
Not sure why I put NZXT a favourite, I just like all there products. I'm not sure why everyone praises their customer support though. I've sent the maybe 11 emails for customer support and never recieved even a confirmation email back.

Soldato
Cases: Silverstone, Fractal - Decent built cases
CPU: Whichever the Best Performer is
GPU: NVIDIA and within that EVGA or Zotac - Have had ATi before but they have failed and I know it's not their fault but I stick to what has worked best for me.
HDD: Samsung, Hitachi - Still have a Deskstar that I bought in 2002 working away.
Mobo: ASUS - Have tried MSI and Gigabyte but the BIOS they had didn't have as many options and the board layout wasn't as good. Plus the name puts me off them as well. They'd have to get a really really good review score on a majority of reviews for me to consider trying one of them again.
RAM: Crucial, GSkill, Corsair
PSU: Seasonic, AKASA, Corsair - Have had Coolermaster PSU's before but their standby wattages were pretty high compared to these others so they're off my list.
Monitor: Samsung or Dell - Have a HannsG monitor but that has failed so many times during it's warranty I'm never getting one again. The Samsung I had failed right near the end of it's warranty too but they got it repaired and it's been strong ever since. My 2004 15" Dell monitor has taken a beating and been left in the shed (cold) for some years and still works fine, also my mates Dell monitors have never had a fault in their 7 years of service. I can see why Dell monitors cost a lot now but it's worth it if you want things to work.

I like to think I hold no loyalty towards any particular manufacturer. I buy whatever components that seem best at the time, and try not to let the brandname or manufacturer have too much influence.

I try an avoid fanboyism, but I will blacklist manufacturers if they've sold me something **** in the past. I don't like creative, apple or budget gpu brands.

Back
Top Bottom