** OcUK TECH LAB - CUSTOM WATERCOOLED GRAPHICS CARDS **

Associate
Just as an update for anyone that might be interested, I looked at the EK cooling configurator and they say that a 7870 block is 'coming soon' so hopefully it won't be too long :)

Thanks for the tip Cleeecooo!

Soldato
RJK...With the impending 7970 price drop, will the non-OC tech lab cards also be taking a price hit? As individually it hits around £460 (£360 card, £80 block & £20 back plate), are we likely to see a sub £450 TL card?

I fully understand if you don't answer this in full until Tuesday ;)

Associate
just picked up one of these watercooled 680 cards for convenience over doing it myself and was a bit disappointed to find that you do not receive the original air cooler, is this a mistake, I've spent 20mins on the support line waiting for some one to pick up so far :rolleyes: so thought I'd post here.

I got an nice empty box for the EK block, I would have expected to see the original air cooler inside.

Should I have a cooler?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
the cooler is usually sent out.

this is strange.

post in the systems and bundles section of the support forum and the returns team will sort this out for you

Associate
OcUK Tech Lab H2O GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5 Nickel Acetal [N680GTX-PM2D2GD5]

I'm tempted to go for the above card. Am I right in assuming the pic of a copper part is wrong?

Also does this come with the backplate now? If not, do you send that out FOC when available?

Thanks in anticipation.

Soldato
OcUK Tech Lab H2O GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5 Nickel Acetal [N680GTX-PM2D2GD5]

I'm tempted to go for the above card. Am I right in assuming the pic of a copper part is wrong?

Also does this come with the backplate now? If not, do you send that out FOC when available?

Thanks in anticipation.

The blocks are Nickel not copper, I think this was down to EK not having press shots of the EN blocks at the time so they used the copper blocks in the photo.

Afaik these do not come with a backplate at all, from what I was told the 680's don't really need one, though I'm sure if you want one fitted it would just be a case of giving OCUK a ring and ask them to add it (~£20 extra).

@rjk, how does the stock work on these? as tech lab 680's show 10+ in stock but the cards they are based on (MSI ref) are on pre-order?

Came so close to buying one yesterday too, going to wait and see if OCUK can give me a nice tech lab 670 on Thursday :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
If you read te product descriptions, all cards that have backplates available have them included. It will say so in the description.

Associate
just picked up one of these watercooled 680 cards for convenience over doing it myself and was a bit disappointed to find that you do not receive the original air cooler, is this a mistake, I've spent 20mins on the support line waiting for some one to pick up so far :rolleyes: so thought I'd post here.

I got an nice empty box for the EK block, I would have expected to see the original air cooler inside.

Should I have a cooler?

I've had the same experience here. Nice shiny new card with water block and empty EK box, but no air cooler in the packaging.

Associate
Hello everyone,

I've ordered the OcUK Tech Lab H2O GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5 Nickel Plexi [N680GTX-PM2D2GD5] but apparently the MSI cards are unavailable.

I see the O/C version of the MSI card is available on the website? Since you said you'd use the O/C version of the card once it is available, why can't you just swap it for that one? (Even if it incurs a higher cost for the customer).

Also, at the time i ordered the card it stated "10+" cards were available and still says this but I was told 3/4 days ago that it was out of stock and I'd have to wait for it? I don't get it ...

LINK: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-079-OE&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2255

10+ but the MSI card used is unavailable apparently?

Soldato
Hello everyone,

I've ordered the OcUK Tech Lab H2O GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5 Nickel Plexi [N680GTX-PM2D2GD5] but apparently the MSI cards are unavailable.

I see the O/C version of the MSI card is available on the website? Since you said you'd use the O/C version of the card once it is available, why can't you just swap it for that one? (Even if it incurs a higher cost for the customer).

Also, at the time i ordered the card it stated "10+" cards were available and still says this but I was told 3/4 days ago that it was out of stock and I'd have to wait for it? I don't get it ...

LINK: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-079-OE&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2255

10+ but the MSI card used is unavailable apparently?

Could you raise this in the customer service section and give me the order number. So I can find out and possibly arrange a different card if we don't have them in stock.

Associate
Krapz

I'm in the same boat as you. Part of the delay I believe also is that the VGA watercooling block is out of stock.

5UB said that an EK delivery was expected soon though.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi twst, thanks for your help, the order number is the following: OC1426175. I'd be ready to get an other card with also the non plexi gpu waterblock which is in stock. I'd greatly appreciate any help but if i have to wait then i'll wait patiently.

Cheers ocuk.

Associate
Sorry just realised you wanted me to post this in another section...

Thanks for the info bahbah. It's defo not easy to wait for such an awesome card.

Associate
Hello and a massive thank you to the OCUK team for sending me the card !!!

Here's a pic i took of it:

2a83bfb5.jpg

And a nice surprise, little sweeties that came in the box :)

4982d6e7.jpg

Long live OCUK!

Back
Top Bottom