Tyre Talk

Associate
Tyres - Metzler M5 Interact

Bike - Z750

Riding style - Full retard, only ride in the dry. Occasional commute.

Expected Millage - I'm on my 2nd rear after replacing the terrible Dunlop Q2s that came on the bike. Got 3000 from the first rear, front has done 4000 and looks ok for another 1k or so.

£210 fitted for the pair

They're great for me. Far more grip than I have ability and are mixed compound so don't tend to square off as badly as the Q2s did if I make the odd commute in the summer.

Caporegime
Hi There,
I may well be getting new tyres for my new CBR600F4 when it arrives in a week or so...

Just wondering, seen these... any good?

http://www.sticky-stuff.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=13642

http://www.sticky-stuff.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1_128&products_id=13174

Both seem older tyres and I'm a noobie to biking so they'll be no knee down action so, will these be fine?

If not, what do people recommend for my bike? Don't want to be spending a fortune on a tyre though just to square it off in 2000 miles lol. Like I say no tracking and I won't be going mental on the thing so I don't need the best for the fastest bike out there BUT I wanna be safe as we all do...

heres what ive just bought,fitted on zx10,pretty impressed with the grip and ive always had dunlop before

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280875610039

Associate
Tyres = Bridgestone BT016 Pros
Bike = 2010 Suzuki GSXR 600
Riding style = Commuting with some fun and red mist thrown in
Expected mileage = 5000miles if i'm lucky
Cost = round the £260 mark fitted

Been looking at the new S20s to replace them with in the next couple of months, still a fairly new tyre though and not many people have them so not much on them apart from some negative reviews on the new blade

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Associate
Now that i only mainly ride on trackdays and the occasional ride out, im running metzeler racetec interacts, k1 front k2 rear. I expect to get 1500 miles out of a rear. Still run standard tyre pressures on the road 36/36. Great on the track and fine on the road, although i preferred Diablo Rosso's for road use, they were great.

Soldato
Guys quick question...
The GSXR currently has a Qualifier RR front fitted and a standard D209 Qualifier on the rear.
Now for obvious reasons its getting harder to find the RR in the local Tyre fitters, apparently there are some local, but at about £115 fitted do I go with them or do I just get the D211 SportSmart for £120??

Never really had Dunlops before but there is still plenty of tread in the rear so may as well use it up before I go back to my old faithful Pirellis :p

Soldato
Tyres = Pirelli Diablo Corsa III

Bike = Ducati 1098s

Riding style = Fast progress to Insane :D

Expected mileage = 3000 rear, 5000 front

Cost = £130 rear, £120 front.

Very very grippy rubber and gives oodles of feedback. Crazzy angles of lean available when really gunning it. The bike had the regular Corsa's fitted when i bought it, and they were very good. But the III's just add so much more confidence to the mix. They might be my last III's though, my tyre guy tells me that Pirelli have damaged the mould for these and are bringing forward the release of the next incarnation.

Back
Top Bottom