Asus Padfone

Permabanned
Soldato
Very nice review, might get this phone when I can upgrade next year. Can see this being very handy to use when in university. Only slight problem though is probably the battery size in the phone itself... any idea how long battery life is?

Permabanned
Very nice review, might get this phone when I can upgrade next year. Can see this being very handy to use when in university. Only slight problem though is probably the battery size in the phone itself... any idea how long battery life is?

you get the following for phone mode, tablet mode and laptop mode, respectively: 2.6 hours, 10.7 hours and 17 hours of continuous WiFi browsing; and 2.1 hours, 8.9 hours and 14.1 hours of continuous 3G browsing. Just as promised before, the PadFone Station (the tablet) and the PadFone Station Dock (the keyboard) do seem to pump up the battery by about five-fold and nine-fold max, respectively.

source

check that netbook mode ;)

Soldato
you get the following for phone mode, tablet mode and laptop mode, respectively: 2.6 hours, 10.7 hours and 17 hours of continuous WiFi browsing; and 2.1 hours, 8.9 hours and 14.1 hours of continuous 3G browsing. Just as promised before, the PadFone Station (the tablet) and the PadFone Station Dock (the keyboard) do seem to pump up the battery by about five-fold and nine-fold max, respectively.

source

check that netbook mode ;)

Thanks for that, pretty similiar to what I'm seeing from my Xperia PLAY then, although I was hoping it would be a tad longer. Maybe there will be 3rd party batteries that lasts longer?

Associate
Thanks for that, pretty similiar to what I'm seeing from my Xperia PLAY then, although I was hoping it would be a tad longer. Maybe there will be 3rd party batteries that lasts longer?

Cant see it happening as if there were any 3rd party one it would require a larger back plate/ stick out more and will probably not fit in the dock :o. Its the only slightly disappointing part of the product imo. If it had a 2000mah battery i would be even more tempted then i am now :(

Soldato
http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-padfone-2-gets-pre-announcement-specs

Model A68
LTE, DC-HSPA+: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS/GSM E 850/900/1800/1900, Class 10
Qualcomm 8064 quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM
137.9 x 68.9 x 9 mm, 135 g
2140 mAh battery
4.7-inch Super IPS+ 1280 x 720 display
13 megapixel camera with zero shutter lag LED flash, auto-focus, and HD video recording
1.2 megapixel front camera
Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
MicroUSB 2.0 with MHL support

Those are some beefed up specs if true, now I'm looking foward to this!

EDIT: Actually... just noticed where it says Super IPS+ HD... the icon says SuperAMOLED... fake :(.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I really like the idea behind the Padfone. I even like the stylus idea.

Will have to see what the Padfone2 brings to the table. It may be a replacement for my SGSII

Back
Top Bottom