**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
I am using a PCI X-fi Fatal1ty card in mine using the PAX drivers and no issues thus far.

I think i had a similar issue on my old PC (680i)

Through a combination of driver sweeper and the driver cleaner i managed to remove all traces of creative and managed to get the card installed again.

It was about 2 years ago so i am sketchy on how i solved the issue.

Lots of peeps say the onboard is fine but i had to have my dedicated card in.

Soldato
OP
Mario said:
i had similar issues with Asus P8P67 Pro board and creative X-Fi gamer card (PCI)
after i bought X-Fi Titanium (PCIe) all problems gone..
will report back after i recieve my Z77 UD5 next week and install X-Fi Titanium
I'm using the X-Fi Titanium (PCIe) with no problems at all, I've used it in slot PCIEX1_3 although with my Gigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC the middle fan is really close to the X-Fi front box cable connector so any slight fraction of a nudge and it was ever so slightly hitting the fan, so I have now moved it to PCIEX1_1 and no problems there. :)

If your using a reference graphics card then it won't matter anyway. :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New official BIOS on the Gigabyte Webpage >> http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4139#bios

This latest F7 official release (also see original post) will have all the enhancements of previous F7 Beta's and prior. :)
Latest Offical BIOS >> BIOS ID: F7

• [F7] Improve system compatibility
  • [F6] Improve Sandy Bridge CPU overclocking
  • [F6] Support Intel Xeon Processor
  • [F6] Improve iGPU compatibility
  • [F6] Added ability to save 8 BIOS profiles now in BIOS and USB
  • [F6] Custom names for profiles
  • [F5] Enhanced overclocking compatibility
  • Release Date: 11th May 2012
WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS @BIOS!! METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!
I've had this board a few weeks, will get around to overclocking today see what this motherboard can do with my decent 2500K, then overclocking my Gigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Apparently the Corsair K90 only works with F8a and F6l beta bios, anyone confirm this in relation to the official F7 release?

Also...
PandaKnight - Tweaktown Forums said:
G510 keyboard does not seem to work on Z77X-UD5h on bio F7*.

However, it works fine for both F6l and F8a.
G510 is in a USB 2.0 port.

Edit: contacted GTS about the issue prior to post and they basically told me to stick to "official" bios. Which at the time was the F6 and it did not support G510. Now that F7 is out, which i tried. Offical bios still doesnt seem to work with the G510.

I've tried all the F7*, including 'a', 'b', april and may release of F7. None seemed to work with the G510.

Edit: On F8a right now, everything seems pretty stable.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
smithy83 said:
nelly could you save your profile for your 4.9ghz overclock and upload it just wanting to see if it will work on mine :)
That was on my MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) so I know what the 2500K is capable of, I have all the voltages saved at various clocks etc in Excel.

Will be clocking it with the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H today, will report back when I've fully worked out what volts etc this can do, it will take me longer with this board as it has lots more features, the MSI board a 10 year old could clock it. lol :)

Associate
yeah i went from a msi board aswell could only ever get 4.4ghz lol

i can get 4.9 just not stable and with the vcore all the way up

would be good to see your results and settings most people are using ivy :(

Associate
Apparently the Corsair K90 only works with F8a and F6l beta bios, anyone confirm this in relation to the official F7 release?

Also...

Already posted earlier today, my K90 keyboard not recognize by the bios with official F7, works only with F8a and F6l :(

Associate
Just a quick question about the temps on this board.
The PCH temp in bios at stock is 61 and system is 42, do these seem about right. Just gone back to PC after being a Mac user so not sure on what temps are about right.

Thanks

Associate
Thanks for the replies all. I've managed to get the X-Fi working again, well for now at least if it messes up again it might have to go. Though I may still try the onboard see how it compares.

I ended up...

booting up with it removed.
uninstalled all the s/w, drivers and deleted device.
booted up with it installed.
installed dk's X-Fi pack.

Associate
Apologies if I'm in the wrong thread.
I've bought a GA-Z77-D3H and I can't get the front usb ports on my case working.
The case is a Lian-Li PC-7B PLUS II, and I've plugged the front usb cable into F_USB1 on the board, but with no joy.
Am I missing something blindingly obvious that I should do?!

Thanks

Caporegime
I've bought a GA-Z77-D3H and I can't get the front usb ports on my case working.
The case is a Lian-Li PC-7B PLUS II, and I've plugged the front usb cable into F_USB1 on the board, but with no joy.

Thanks

make sure usb2/3 is enabled in the bios

Associate
is there another usb header you can try? plug it in and out a few times to make sure its making good contact

could try installing the intel inf chipset drivers they will reinstall all the usb drivers ect

Tried all that and still nothing. It's a puzzler, as my old board had no problems.
Maybe it's the front port cable that's gone?

Caporegime
i dont know,could try clearing the cmos by removing mb battery for 30mins,then once you put it back in load optimised defaults in the bios,be aware that this will wipe/reset all the bios settings to default so make a note and re enter all your bios/oc settings

Associate

Thanks

Have you tried updating the BIOS?
Seems it helped Nelly with a similar issue here.

Soldato
OP
Just read about the difference of blue capacitors and purple - they ran out of blue caps so they changed the manufacturer and the new manufacturer has different colour caps. Same specs.
chaosophy said:
Have you tried updating the BIOS?
Seems it helped Nelly with a similar issue here.
Tried the newer >> Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.4.225 *NEW* >> Click Here ? that's what I am using now.

I can only update my BIOS using the USB ports at the back, it doesn't matter which BIOS or driver I use.

Once the system boots into Windows 7 the front ports work on my 650D case, probally not an issue at all just the way the motherboard works, I'm going to e-mail Gigabyte about it all the same though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom