**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Just read about the difference of blue capacitors and purple - they ran out of blue caps so they changed the manufacturer and the new manufacturer has different colour caps. Same specs.Tried the newer >> Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.4.225 *NEW* >> Click Here ? that's what I am using now.

I can only update my BIOS using the USB ports at the back, it doesn't matter which BIOS or driver I use.

Once the system boots into Windows 7 the front ports work on my 650D case, probally not an issue at all just the way the motherboard works, I'm going to e-mail Gigabyte about it all the same though.

there was a post here about not being to flash your bios via front usb

http://www.overclock.net/t/1239993/...rt-thread-and-club-ud5h-ud3h-d3h-and-all/1090

so GB has made it so that when users flash they should use the physical ports which GB knows are properly powered and correctly situated. That is why you need to flash from the back ports.

Associate
Have you tried updating the BIOS?
Seems it helped Nelly with a similar issue here.
I don't really want to flash the BIOS, as I'm fairly new to all this, and knowing my luck something will go wrong. As things are, everything is fine bar the front usbs.

Just read about the difference of blue capacitors and purple - they ran out of blue caps so they changed the manufacturer and the new manufacturer has different colour caps. Same specs.Tried the newer >> Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.4.225 *NEW* >> Click Here ? that's what I am using now.
I've updated those drivers, and still nothing.
Since my initial post, I bought a Benq FP241W off my brother for £50 and that has usb ports in the side, so I'm happy with that.

Thanks again to you all for your help!

Soldato
OP
Well compared to my MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) I wasn't able to boot into Windows at 5GHz even at 1.40v+, with this Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H I got into windows 5GHz @ 1.38v but cooling is against me, I reckon it needs around 1.43v.

I bet it would be stable on water cooling at 5GHz. I'll get on with clocking it to 4.8 to 4.9GHz, will post screenshots etc later this evening. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't really want to flash the BIOS, as I'm fairly new to all this, and knowing my luck something will go wrong. As things are, everything is fine bar the front usbs.

I've updated those drivers, and still nothing.
Since my initial post, I bought a Benq FP241W off my brother for £50 and that has usb ports in the side, so I'm happy with that.

Thanks again to you all for your help!

your much safer flashing the bios on those boards,they have a manual bios switch so you can change to the back up bios if anything goes wrong,its best to be using latest bios as it fixes bugs and improves stability ect

Associate
it doesnt work with FRONT USB (not for all tho - there are many users in GB forum who flashed uefi easily with front usb)
you better use mobo's "original" USB

Associate
It's probably been asked before and it's a pretty nooby question but what's the difference in performance between the z77x-ud3h and the z77x-ud5h performance wise? Better overclocks?

Caporegime
So the £70 markup on the ud5 isn't really justified?

there might be other features thats missing off the cheaper board,usually the sound chip is lower spec ect

ive seen the ud3 overclock just as well as the ud5 so its down to the features that you can do without,might be missing an onboard display port needed for lucid mvp on the ud3 you need to check

Associate
Thanks, both features and overclocking really. I'm probably not going to clock past 4.5ghz so I'm sure the ud3h will easily handle that. I was mainly just wondering what features the ud5h has that the ud3h doesn't, if the difference is better onboard sound I can just get a sound card somewhere down the line

Associate
Hmm that's a brain teaser, I can see myself needing more storage in the future or getting spend crazy and going for multiple ssds. Il not need a board for about 2-3 weeks so hopefully the ud5h will drop a little lower during that time. Which offers better bang for buck? The ud5h?

Back
Top Bottom