**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
Im sure i updated my z77x-d3h from f5 to f6 using a usb pen in the front of my machine, pretty sure i used q flash for it as well must have just got lucky :)

How do you actually find out what the backup bios version is running? if indeed it can be changed if not im guessing it will be f5 which is what my board came with. How do you actually switch to it as well worst case scenerio? Dont know if it might be a little different with my D3H version compared to the UD5H version

Boomstick those temps look good, what LLC setting are you using in the bios? 1.296v seems good :) is your vcore around 1.3 in the bios?

Caporegime
Im sure i updated my z77x-d3h from f5 to f6 using a usb pen in the front of my machine, pretty sure i used q flash for it as well must have just got lucky :)

How do you actually find out what the backup bios version is running? if indeed it can be changed if not im guessing it will be f5 which is what my board came with. How do you actually switch to it as well worst case scenerio? Dont know if it might be a little different with my D3H version compared to the UD5H version

Boomstick those temps look good, what LLC setting are you using in the bios? 1.296v seems good :) is your vcore around 1.3 in the bios?

theres an onboard switch on the mb itself,simply switch it to use the back up bios!!

if you press and hold alt and f12 at the gigabyte splash screen it will flash the back up bios chip with the main bios chip version,so both are running the same bios

Soldato
OP
Just a quick update, banged straight in at 1.33v with manual voltage, will play around with Auto Voltage and DVID/Offset later on, just trying to find stability at the moment.

Will try lower volts later then onto Prime95 run, then will do 4.9GHz. This is using less volts than my previous MSI Z68A-GD65 motherboard, will post comparisons when I'm 100% stable.

CPU QPI/VTT = 1.100v
CPU PLL = [Auto]
IMC = 1.095v
Vcore Loadline Calibration = [Extreme]
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) = [Enabled]

ibt48ghzmax.jpg
ibt48ghzreport.jpg

coretemp48ghz.jpg
cpuz48ghz.jpg

Associate
Did anyone manage to get the integrated graphics to work with an external graphics?
I ve tried to enable the internal graphics in the bios andi also chose PEG in Intel Display First so that i can install that LuciV software but unfortunately the computer keeps restarting without loging to windows. I got the latest Bios, i7-3770k, windforce GTX 670.

Caporegime
Did anyone manage to get the integrated graphics to work with an external graphics?
I ve tried to enable the internal graphics in the bios andi also chose PEG in Intel Display First so that i can install that LuciV software but unfortunately the computer keeps restarting without loging to windows. I got the latest Bios, i7-3770k, windforce GTX 670.

Try this for me,

If you change the CPU ratio from 35X to just 36X and save+exit, does it then work?

Associate

I think I set display first to PCI-E, then enabled the IGP, then installed drivers.

Associate
I found the problem, i dont know why but for some reason whenever i allocate more than 64 Mb of system memory to the IGP the computer keeps restarting without logging to windows. With only 64 mb on the IGP it seems to work just fine and i was able to log into windows so that i could install the Hd4000 driver and have both the gtx 670 and the IGP show in the device manager. Does anyone know why this happens?

Caporegime
I found the problem, i dont know why but for some reason whenever i allocate more than 64 Mb of system memory to the IGP the computer keeps restarting without logging to windows. With only 64 mb on the IGP it seems to work just fine and i was able to log into windows so that i could install the Hd4000 driver and have both the gtx 670 and the IGP show in the device manager. Does anyone know why this happens?

Isn't 64MB the default value?

Associate
Yes it is but that doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to increase that...In the bios settings you can use up to 1 gb which is why am asking if anyone knows what the problem is. :p

Caporegime
So at 64MB you are getting a bootloop?

I only ask because if thats the default value set by the BIOS, and you were getting a Bootloop, you then said in your post "With only 64 mb on the IGP it seems to work just fine and i was able to log into windows so that i could install the Hd4000 driver and have both the gtx 670 and the IGP show in the device manager."

Or did you initially increase this value and then try and setup LucidMVP and get this bootloop?

Just trying to understand.

Associate
When i first enabled the IGP i maxed out the system memory allocated to it and chose PEG as the primary display at which point pc kept rebooting. After i changed it to 64 mb i could log into windows and the intel hd4000 was finally visible in device manager so i installed its drivers and lucid vu. Tomorrow i ll try maxing it again and see if it makes any differencr with the drivers installed though i simehow doubt it...cant fix spelling for some reason my galaxy s2 wont let me

Associate
Hi.

I received my UD5H yesterday, to replace 3 faulty ASUS Z68 P8Z68 Gen 3's.

It's been absolutely brilliant I upgraded to the F7 BIOS straight away.

One word of warning, when installing drivers makes sure you have Service Pack 1 installed, (Windows 7) as everytime I installed the chipset drivers my machine blue screened.

It was only after re-installing Windows and then installing the service pack the drivers went on fine.

I am using Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz Low Profile RAM and an Intel 2600k.

Tom

Associate
This is a really noob question but I have a gtx 680 arriving in the morning are all the pci slots the same speed meaning I should drop it in any? Will be looking to sli in a couple of months.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
This is a really noob question but I have a gtx 680 arriving in the morning are all the pci slots the same speed meaning I should drop it in any? Will be looking to sli in a couple of months.

I think the top and middle are 16 but the bottom is 8 and ivy cpu only.

EDIT. Just looked in manual and it says that the middle is 8 and the bottom is 4 and if only using one graphics card be sure to use the 16 which is at the top of the board.

Last edited:
Associate
I tried out Easytune6 yesterday. After using it, I'm now locked out of my BIOS F7 (both the main and backup). When I enter the BIOS screen, boot screen, Q-flash screen or PC status screen, all I get is a blue background, an unmoving pointer and the BIOS text at the very top.

It was working fine before I tried Easytune.

Any thoughts?

Am I correct that if I turn off the computer, unplug it from the power and then press down and hold for a few minutes the CMOS button (top right coner of mobo), that should reset the BIOS to factory defaults (F4?) and then I can go from there?

Associate
I think the top and middle are 16 but the bottom is 8 and ivy cpu only.

EDIT. Just looked in manual and it says that the middle is 8 and the bottom is 4 and if only using one graphics card be sure to use the 16 which is at the top of the board.

Many thanks will drop in 16

Back
Top Bottom