**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
OP
YoungThomas said:
One word of warning, when installing drivers makes sure you have Service Pack 1 installed, (Windows 7) as everytime I installed the chipset drivers my machine blue screened.

It was only after re-installing Windows and then installing the service pack the drivers went on fine.
Since reinstalling windows a few months ago I downloaded the latest Windows 7 with SP1 all in one from here >> http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

Then download the free Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool >> http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/en-GB/Service-Centre/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool this will put Windows 7 onto a USB stick - you need a 4GB stick as mininum, installs really fast too, then just put your license key on otherwise you only get the basic 30 days - I've got Windows 7 Home Premium from when it first came out. All versions of Windows 7 are on the first link. :)

Associate
Thanks for the reassurance Stulid. The problem is I tried this and indeed I get the options to load defaults etc., which I did. But then the BIOS is still porked.

What I might try is choosing the backup BIOS and then updating it via @BIOS. Fingers crossed.

Shut the PC down, press the clearCMOS button.

It will power back up and give you the three options at the BIOS screen (load defaults+boot, load defaults+reboot, enter BIOS)

Associate
So..finally i got this board..and here comes first problems :(
Tbh im not sure its board,so i will try explain
I swapped board with my previous Asus P8P67 Pro,after cleaning from dust my pc Asus board wont recognose ram in last slot,did usual things - same result,no boot,no even bios,i checked ram with Mem Test in working slots - all ram ok (4x4Gb Corsair XMS3) so i decided to sent this board for RMA and after i get new one back i just sell it and went for Gigabyte Z77-UD5
Got it today,flashed to F7,but my "brilliant" M$ keyboard and mouse (Wireless 5000) gave me some "nice" drifting in F7,so i flashed to F7b,now i can use them in bios
After putting all pc back i started it and diagnostic LED gave me code 51 - which is problem with memory..and i thought "no *******g way"..after swaping ram,i discovered that ram working only in slots 4 and 2 in dual channel mode,any other ram config giving me code 51..now im lost - Asus board can be not faulty at all then isnt? I suspect,that my cpu mem controller not very healthy (2600K) and i dont have other Sandy cpu to test it,no friends near me who can borrow me 1155 cpu to test..
Any suggestion will be much appreciated,thanks
P.S.the UD5 is cracking board btw,love it so far,now just need to find were is problem - ram,board or cpu...

Associate
That's correct for two stick in dual channel? It's a staggered install,so from CPU socket to front of case,miss slot,install,miss slot,install,

no no...what i am saying is that 2 slots - 1&3 - not working
i have 4x4Gb Crucial XMS3
2&4 slots working,dual channel
all 4 slots with ram - code 51,1&3 slots with ram - code 51
2&4 slots with ram - working
also had some crashes today,4 BSOD's...will wait for new bios,then decide what to do..gutted :mad:

Soldato
OP
no no...what i am saying is that 2 slots - 1&3 - not working
i have 4x4Gb Crucial XMS3
2&4 slots working,dual channel
all 4 slots with ram - code 51,1&3 slots with ram - code 51
2&4 slots with ram - working
also had some crashes today,4 BSOD's...will wait for new bios,then decide what to do..gutted :mad:
Try this:
CPU QPI/VTT = 1.100v
IMC = 1.095v

Report back.

Associate
Solved my BIOS problem. On a hunch I unplugged some of the rear USB ports which I had connected to CH joystick, throttle and pedals. Now the BIOS works!

Associate
Did what Nelly and Wazza suggested - still 2 slots not working
Cant say much abut stability,but second morning in a row i need to take off side panel and clear cmos,otherwise pc just keeps restaring..
Will do mem test with this board tomorow,as today im busy,report back
Dear..gutted with all problems.. :(

Caporegime
Did what Nelly and Wazza suggested - still 2 slots not working
Cant say much abut stability,but second morning in a row i need to take off side panel and clear cmos,otherwise pc just keeps restaring..
Will do mem test with this board tomorow,as today im busy,report back
Dear..gutted with all problems.. :(

tested each stick one at a time in a known working ram slot? just to make sure all sticks are working?

Associate
hey wazza,as my previous post says,will do it later or tomorow,unfortunately got some bad flu :(
when i do test,will report back,thanks

Associate
Which Drivers?

Which Drivers?

Guys I am currently building my new rig, see my sig, and have a question

Should I install MOBO drivers from supplied CD ROM and update drivers afterwards?

or

Download latest ones from Gigabyte website and install from new?

Had a problem with a build a few years ago as I installed drivers from website and one or two didn’t work right

Lew

Associate
Cheers Stulid

Stulid, have another question, on the Gigayte GA-Z77X-UD5H MOBO, on page 7 of the supplied manual, top right of the CPU housing there is a 2-pin HP_PWR connector

I purchased the XFX 850W PSU you recommended for me but there is no 2-pin lead supplied with that PSU

Cannot find one on OC's site

Do you know where I can get one from?

Lew

Associate
Atheos

Apparently its for people wanting to put LEDS on their motherboards heatsinks

So, not really needed

What you got your rigs 3770K clocked at dude?

How pleased are you with your rig? Similiar spec to mine

Lew

Associate
How pleased are you with your rig?

Lew

I am very pleased Paul. I came from a Q6600 PC to this so a big difference.

I can play Arma 2 and BF3 at full detail now. PC boots in 9 seconds now.

I have had 2 freezes in 3 weeks so not sure if they are the freezes people are talking about or not.

I am going to wait to make sure everything is fine before overclocking.

But yeah pretty happy :)

What are your impressions?

P.S the only thing i have found with the build is the power supply has this ticking sound coming from it. Pretty faint but noticeable when the room is quiet

Back
Top Bottom