**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Hi again Atheos

Not been able to complete my build as yet as the 8 pin 12V MOBO power cable that came with the XFX 850W PSU is way too short (why arent manufacturers generous with cable lengths, nothing more annoying than cables being too short), will order one tomorrow for delivery Tuesday.

So should have machine booted by then

Re: the ticking PSU, sounds like something internal is either catching on the case or its a mechanical defect.

If it were me, i'd RMA it ASAP

Will let you know how my machine performs once its built

Lew

Associate
I read on this forum that a guy sent the unit back for that very reason and the RMA was rejected.

It would cost about £30 to post it back from Ireland and if it is rejected then another £12 or something.

I am in touch with XFX so i may try and see if they pay for a courier.

Let us know how the build goes :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have just rebuilt my PC around a Z77X UD5H motherboard but have had no luck with it so far. To start with I got an error 51 code which I traced to a duff stick of Samsung RAM. With the good stick in place I was able to boot into the BIOS.

After a brief look around it I updated to F7 using a USB stick. The flash program reported a successful upgrade and i hit reboot. However since doing that the board will not POST at all. After pressing the on button the system powers up for a fraction of a second then switches off. I have tried the BIOS switch and the CMOS clear to no effect. Everything is seated and plugged in properly.

It seems to me that the F7 update has knackered the board. Just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions before I get in touch with OCUK?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have just rebuilt my PC around a Z77X UD5H motherboard but have had no luck with it so far. To start with I got an error 51 code which I traced to a duff stick of Samsung RAM. With the good stick in place I was able to boot into the BIOS.

After a brief look around it I updated to F7 using a USB stick. The flash program reported a successful upgrade and i hit reboot. However since doing that the board will not POST at all. After pressing the on button the system powers up for a fraction of a second then switches off. I have tried the BIOS switch and the CMOS clear to no effect. Everything is seated and plugged in properly.

It seems to me that the F7 update has knackered the board. Just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions before I get in touch with OCUK?

unplug all your usb devices and then try,some are having issues with usb2/usb3 devices

you can also switch the onboard bios switch and boot from previous bios version

Associate
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I decided to strip the system down and rebuild it as a last resort and it worked. It booted up and I have successfully flashed it to F7. There must have been a bad connection somewhere, but I did not see anything as I was stripping it down. Hopefully the problem won't come back.

Associate
i had the same keyboard problem & had the A6 code but i could' t update the bios with my older enermax aurora kb or my new g510, i had to nip out to tesco & buy a cheap kb for a fiver, thanks Gigabyte :mad:

Caporegime
for folks with keyboard/mouse incompatibility issues its best to email gigabyte uk and tell them the make/model kb/mouse and they can include it into their bios's,i know its a pain but they do take note and improve things

Can't type for toffee
Don
I've ordered one of these and just reading of the KB and mouse issues :(
ANyone tried with a G15v2 (orange) and a Razer Naga?

Are the Bios Flashes via USB? I Don't actually have a USB stick lol and might need to get one if bootable cd/dvd isnt available

Caporegime
I've ordered one of these and just reading of the KB and mouse issues :(
ANyone tried with a G15v2 (orange) and a Razer Naga?

Are the Bios Flashes via USB? I Don't actually have a USB stick lol and might need to get one if bootable cd/dvd isnt available

The keyboard working can be a bit hit and miss depending on what BIOS you are using, It could be worth getting hold of a cheap USB keyboard without any gimmicks on it.

You can use a USB stick or from a FAT32 HDD/partition

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just curious, can anyone use the mouse scroll button in the BIOS? it doesn't work on my Logitech G500 apart from that it works fine.

I use a basic Logitech Elite Keyboard think I've used it for about 8 years, works perfectly with any BIOS.
~Divine~Wind~ said:
It's well worth getting a USB stick only £4 for a 4GB one, like I mentioned in a previous post you could put Windows 7 onto it for a quick install, on a SSD too takes about 5 minutes, they come in quite handy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom