The 2012 Chilli growing thread - the second burn!

Associate
Wow, that is a lot!!

Give a bunch away. Chillies love heat and light. One of the plastic greenhouse jobbies might do to keep em warm till better weather comes (at a more consistent rate, anyhow!).

Don't really know what else to suggest to house that many :p

*edit* The 4 tier things can be made into 2 tier, or indeed 1 tier, increasing ceiling height :)

I bought a four-tier cheap plastic greenhouse and regretted it, it was only 20 quid and i was left feeling like i paid way too much for it.
All I had in it were a few seed trays and it collapsed under its own weight.

Proper greenhouse is the way to go, or maybe something like this DIY polytunnel if your handy.. http://www.overthegardengate.net/UserPages/pp_view.asp?FName=polytunnel&Page=1

Associate
sne0k6.jpg

Does anyone know if this mould/fungus is harmful to my habanero plants?

Soldato
Nahh, should be fine! Had it on a lot of my plants last year. They were fine!

This year I've been watering from the bottom which has resulted in no mould :)

Soldato
I always forget about this thread now its in here.. My chillies are doing well with this hot weather, potted them up last weekend and they seem to be loving it now. I keep having to pick flowers off my Scotch Bonnets this week!

Soldato
I've got a few flowers coming through on my Ring of Fire plant which is just over a foot in height (maybe a bit less actually). Should I be picking these off until the plant grows up and out more?

Associate
I've got a few flowers coming through on my Ring of Fire plant which is just over a foot in height (maybe a bit less actually). Should I be picking these off until the plant grows up and out more?

I'd like to know this too, two of my cayenne plants are flowering now, although my hot stuff chillies are still just putting out vegatitive growth though. I want to maximise my crop, so I would like to know if removing the early flowers will help this?

Caporegime
ur :(

I did buy a couple of mature plants a few weeks back and they are happy but already flowering when only 3-4 inches high. Not sure if I should clip the flowers?

Soldato
Hummm, probably. That is pretty small to be supporting fruit. Its not only the fact that the plant is not very tall, but the root system won't be greatly developed also.

Still plenty of time for flowering and fruiting!

Back
Top Bottom