The Walking Dead game

Associate
Dead Island was OK after the patched it. Bought The Walking Dead last night and only did up until the end of the trial so cant say much yet.

Soldato
OP
It's not really fair to compare this to Dead Island, this is an inexpensive point and click with zombies that comes out with one episode a month totalling 5 episodes.

Broken Sword with Zombies was an awesome way to put it, wannabedamned!

Dead Island was a full retail action/adventure game released with many bugs. The best thing about it was the trailer.

Soldato
I played PC version of Dead Island around Christmas time and loved it. Obviously the graphics/frame rates were much better than console but I don't see why I wouldn't have enjoyed it a lot anyway...

Will get Walking Dead when it's on a Steam sale - love the TV show and Telltale usually come up trumps for this type of game.

Soldato
bought it earlier on the PS3, was a bit confused when i went to install it and nothing appeared. apparently you have to install the trial in order to get the game files etc.

Soldato
any date for ep2? thought they were releasing monthly..

According to the forums on Telltale Games website, it's now slated for a June release, but no date has been confirmed yet. It's a bit haphazard the way Telltale Games are doing it, it suggests episode 2 is incomplete or there's a problem they are struggling to fix, can't see any other reason why they wouldn't have announced a date yet!

Soldato
According to the forums on Telltale Games website, it's now slated for a June release, but no date has been confirmed yet. It's a bit haphazard the way Telltale Games are doing it, it suggests episode 2 is incomplete or there's a problem they are struggling to fix, can't see any other reason why they wouldn't have announced a date yet!

ah ok, shame though, if their is too long a gap, it could easily be forgotten about

Soldato
OP
ah ok, shame though, if their is too long a gap, it could easily be forgotten about

Was thinking that myself. I expected it to be a more uniform monthly release, not a haphazard "sometime in June" :(
Luckily for them I bought the whole "season" but those who didn't could end up being lost customers.

Soldato
OP
It's quite short, maybe a couple of hours depending on your problem solving skills (it's not exactly difficult though). It is a good experience though and well worth playing, plus it has some slight replay value in that you can go back and explore other dialogue trees and make different major choices.

Soldato
The Walking Dead: Episode 2 releasing “around the end of June”

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/16/the-walking-dead-episode-2-releasing-around-the-end-of-june/

Telltale has said Episode 2 of The Walking Dead will be released “around the end of June.” Speaking with Kotaku, the developer said the reason they haven’t provided a firm date for it, is it’s currently waiting on the certification process. The second episode takes place three months after the conclusion of Episode 1, and “things have gotten tenser—food is scarce, and no one in the party is a particularly good hunter.” Thanks, manamana.

at this rate i'll be playing ep 3 on a next gen console :(

Associate
I'm so glad I didn't go for the season pass, I avoided because I thought I would forget about it after a few months but I also thought I would have played a few episodes by then. You would think they would have had the first few episodes ready to release before episode 1 was released to avoid stuff like this, I just hope it's worth waiting for.

Back
Top Bottom