"invested"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise Guy
Soldato
Does it bother anyone else when you see something for sale and the person says how much they have "invested" in it?

"for sale blah blah, I have $1000 invested in this, asking $600 obo".

Or when people talk about investing in something that will obviously DEPRECIATE?

"I think I will invest in a big mac for lunch" :confused:

definition of invest:

to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

Permabanned
I have invested in a mchicken mcburger for lunch, the gross profit index is sufficently reasonable as dictated by the break even and the share price is cost efficient according to the net profit resulting in the capital investment of premium bonds allocated to the shareholders thusly as shown by the mcdonalds tax rate diminishing thusly resulting in gross profit margins allocating the break even and decreasing net profit thusly.

Caporegime
I have invested in a mchicken mcburger for lunch, the gross profit index is sufficently reasonable as dictated by the break even and the share price is cost efficient according to the net profit resulting in the capital investment of premium bonds allocated to the shareholders thusly as shown by the mcdonalds tax rate diminishing thusly resulting in gross profit margins allocating the break even and decreasing net profit thusly.

I agree.

Man of Honour

Absolutely. And such.

Soldato
Yes there's loads of this in the members market and it annoys me. Like it makes a difference to me how much you originally paid for it. Maybe they think it means i won't haggle for it or that asking close to the original asking price is OK.

I don't care how much you paid for it. I will determine it's value as i'm the buyer.

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
The value of an investment can go down as well as up. Therefore there's nothing wrong as such with the scenario in the op.

But you see it with things that are blatantly not investments. Nobody would ever expect it to appreciate in normal circumstances. Like computer parts. Or some car that you filled up with vulgar after market bits and bobs that nobody except you thinks is cool.

That's not an investment, that's just buying stuff. "Invest" and "buy" are not the same thing.

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
"i'm going to invest in a brand new car".

That's never going to be an investment unless it's a rare collectible that may appreciate, or you manage to buy it for LESS than you expect to be able to sell it.

But everyone knows that new cars instantly depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot.

That's not investing, that's just buying!

Caporegime
Does it bother anyone else when you see something for sale and the person says how much they have "invested" in it?

"for sale blah blah, I have $1000 invested in this, asking $600 obo".

Or when people talk about investing in something that will obviously DEPRECIATE?

"I think I will invest in a big mac for lunch" :confused:

definition of invest:

to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

A big mac could be an investment - if your intention is to become a fat person then lots of big macs are probably quite a good investment for you and will likely see the returns you desire.

See also feeders - scrawny men mostly prevalent in your country with grossly obese wives they who try to grow even bigger - big macs provide a great investment for those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom