• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[Q] Nvidia Xmas 2012 lineup

Associate
Arma 3 is looking very good and I'm expecting it to be released by Xmas 2012. Thus, when it comes out will be the time to upgrade my GPU as the rest of my system looks like it's up to snuff going by what the E3 system specs are.

Can anyone point me to what Nvidia have announced for release next in Q4 2012? My Google-fu has failed to find anything.

I'll be returning to Nvidia this time because Arma 3 will be using PhysX and I'd like to maximise hardware implementation.

Caporegime
NVIDIA are keeping their cards close to their chest. Officialy nothing has been announced but rumours are speculating that the 780 will be the next high end card from NVIDIA.

All rumours though, with no hard evidence I am afraid.

Soldato
Yeh, and that'll just be the price of 'em!

I think that around £400 is the sweet spot where you're making a lot of profit per sale and still selling enough to maximise the profit.

Anything much more and I know that for me personally I wouldn't go for it so I imagine it'd be the same for a fair few people as well.

There'll always be people who buy them though no matter what the price :)

Associate
i think you will be looking at more than £400 looking at current cards and sales you will be looking at £450-£500 minimum i personaly would look at the 680 as they are more than adiqit for any game thatis out now and any that is coming out in the future

Associate
NVIDIA are keeping their cards close to their chest. Officialy nothing has been announced but rumours are speculating that the 780 will be the next high end card from NVIDIA.

All rumours though, with no hard evidence I am afraid.

Hello, I'm baffled didn't the gtx 680 just come out mate and wont they keep that a year or two on the market. So early for a 780

Associate
I would rather they did keep it for at least 2 years but technology moves fast and I would expect come Jan/Feb next year to see the 780.

My wallet hates it.

But those who chose to wait for haswell before making any major system changes will love the price of 680s when the gk110 cards land

Caporegime
But those who chose to wait for haswell before making any major system changes will love the price of 680s when the gk110 cards land

Maybe but for me, the price of the 580 when the 680 launched was stupidly expensive still. It is only now dropping and I still think for last gen hardware, it is still too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom