I'm after a new mattress

Soldato
OP
Associate
I have a new pocket sprung with memory foam and it stinks. Been airing it for 2 weeks now and still wake up with a sore throat, hoping a week more will do the job.

Soldato
http://www.somnus.co.uk/bedstead-mattresses/mattress-overview.html

A little out of your budget but I love mine to bits. Handmade, one side is regular and the other mildly firm. Soft but supportive, cozy but cool. If you can get to a retailer to try them I would recommend it.

Spend as much as you can stretch to and you won't regret it. My O/H has an awful old mattress at hers, I could fold it in half without trying, and every morning my back feels like it's had bricks smashed on it.

Soldato
OP
BennyC they dont have prices? Confused?

Goto a bed shop and pay probs a lot more but at least see it.

The OP Amazon that has a lot of good reviews.

Or a priv. site - but I feel I am taking a risk, I like the idea of an eco one. can you have ONE good side and the other cheaper? Since its usually one person on this bed.

Soldato
That's the mattress I have Tony. You sort of sink into it.. it moulds to your shape.

Very Very comfortable! Feel free to ring them and or email them about what you want. They're great chaps :)

It also stays at the perfect temperature and doesn't over heat like memory foam!

Soldato
OP
Double Mattress: £640.00
Matching Base: £185.00

This one?? Seems very pricey but if it's worth it I am willing to go for it over the amazon/hypia one.

So I buy the mattres? what is the base? I have a bed so I don't need one?

Soldato
Literally just took delivery of an Attlee King Size Mattress from Dreams, its a 1200 Pocket Mattress which is quite firm, cant wait to sleep on it as the old one was knackered!

Associate
Op, factory beds recommend a mattress topper, i picked up a goose down one from a company in manchester. That way, it helps protect the mattress, you get the extra comfort and its washable.

Soldato
Double Mattress: £640.00
Matching Base: £185.00

This one?? Seems very pricey but if it's worth it I am willing to go for it over the amazon/hypia one.

So I buy the mattres? what is the base? I have a bed so I don't need one?

The base is a DIVAN Base. So If you already have a base/bed, you just need the Mattress :)

I use mine on a slatted bed!

Associate
It is very soft despite being classed as mid range, the pillows aren't that bad either.

Just looked and the manufacturer has changed their website since i bought from them :confused: it took me to one of their 'approved suppliers' for the life of me i cant find the invoice from which company it was

Soldato
OP
Pimp out my Water Feature?

543350_10151783226930623_237460345_n.jpg

Basically I would like to add lights just small ones in each bowel now either blue or a gold like below. and maybe add summit so the bare wall./

http://www.ukwaterfeatures.com/Shop/p-3152-Offset-Four-Pool-Rock-Water-Feature.html

btw I am in the process of decorating.

Soldato
went mattressman myself 2 months ago...

I have always been sleeping on £50-100 mattresses but this time wanted to try something better quality and better so went with this one:

http://www.mattressman.co.uk/mattresses/sealy/millionaire-memory-single-mattress.aspx

Pretty much has the highest amount of positive comments on there site, and its not fully memory foam, has a lovely top fabric also that spreads the heat as well. I gotta admit like others have said it can feel a little warm the memory foam but that is why I went with this one since its not fully memory foam and its fabric gets rid of heat.

Its so comfy and good for my back, im turning and rotating it once every 2-3 weeks like it suggest I want this mattress to last years !

I would suspect a full memory foam would be awesome for winter but poor for summer so its good to get a balance right, cant go wrong with my choice I bet in winter time ill be still sleeping like a baby !

Back
Top Bottom